Bavaro Princess

Dawnr

Nov 15, 2006
I just got back from a week at the Bavaro Princess. I absolutely loved this resort. The grounds, beach, and rooms are all very beautiful. We booked the Platinum room and recommend it. The staff at the the platinum lounge were very friendly and were able to take care of any concerns that we had.
Overall the entire staff at the hotel was wonderful, especially the bartenders, they are so much fun.
The food was wonderful, but you need to be careful what you are eating. Almost everyone in our party got sick at least once. It was worth it though!
I would tell anyone who is considering going to Punta Cana to stay at this resort. I would go back in a heartbeat.

On a side note, I had read the sankie forum before I went. It was so funny to see the Sankie's at work. I thought you all were making that **** up. I can't believe these women fall for it.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Funny you should say that.....I have a friend who works at Bavaro Princess. Did you make friends with any of the animation team? Would be great to know if my friend was seen as a sankie as I know his gf!!

dingdongdenny

Jan 6, 2007
yeh it will be more interesting watching the real show they put on (sankies) than the animation shows. see and it shall enlighten you.

Dawnr

Nov 15, 2006
Nope, I didn't hang out with the animation team very much. I did have to tell a few to back off.
The best moment was actually at a show, there was a women around 40-50 who was seriously overweight and not at all attractive. She was sitting with this young, attractive dominican guy. They were holding hands and compeletly fawning over each other. It was hilarious. You had to just sit back and laugh. Well, at least the Sankie was getting his Money $$$$$$.

flysrb

Feb 15, 2007
Hey Now! Do these guys hit on married women too?? I mean will I have to play the Macho role or what?
And WTF is an animator? A dancer/actor in the show?
Will my wife end up smitten by these guys?

Wait- that would give me more time for Blackjack....

chauncey

Jan 11, 2007
Well I am going to be spending some time there also with my brother at the end of March. I must say it's nice to see that someone had a good time there. Well it is going to be the two of us. Can you recommend any spots for us to go to other than the resort? Also how is the nighlife out there?

Dawnr

Nov 15, 2006
The resort disco is horrible - no one goes to it.

I did love Mangu - it was so much fun. I wish I would have known about it earlier in my vacation. If you are a drinker - get drunk before you go, the prices at Mangu are ridiculous. At one point we handed the bartender a $50 for two drinks and she didn't bring back any change. We had to hunt her down to get our change. We were never charged the same amount twice for drinks. I think the bartenders just guessed about how much they should be charging.

moto

Sep 21, 2006
mangu

I am told the dancing midget (not joking) upstairs stole the change...could all be a rumour but friends told me they saw it with their own eyes :paranoid:

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
I love this resort, having been there 3 times. Air Canada vacations called me and asked if I wanted to switch to somewhere else for my vacation in May because of the fire...and I switched to the Palma Real.

Any idea how the rebuilding is going?

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
Hey Now! Do these guys hit on married women too?? I mean will I have to play the Macho role or what?
And WTF is an animator? A dancer/actor in the show?
Will my wife end up smitten by these guys?

Wait- that would give me more time for Blackjack....

I think they only pull the sankie routine if the woman is alone, or appears to be without a partner. I don't think they really want to get themselves into an altercation with a pi**ed off, well fed american/canadian/brit :)

laspinas76

Jun 13, 2006
From what I heard that they are going to reopen the Trapiche Restaurant this week. By June is should be ready, I heard that they modernized the restaurants. I am planning of going back there in July.

Mattm are you going there soon?

Let me know if you go before July.
Thanks

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
From what I heard that they are going to reopen the Trapiche Restaurant this week. By June is should be ready, I heard that they modernized the restaurants. I am planning of going back there in July.

Mattm are you going there soon?

Let me know if you go before July.
Thanks

Not soon, was contemplating a visit in the fall however...

sdel65@hotmail.com

Oct 28, 2008
Hi, could you please help me with the following questions?
I'm going to Bavaro Princess, as the Platinum guest in December.

1 Could you please describe how the check in happens with the Platinum package. My friends and me arrive different days and would like to co-ordinate the meeting place in advance.

2 Also, could please advise me advise me what would be the best restaraunts at the sister properties that are allowed for the Platinum package guests.

3 I heard that there is an e-mail for the Platinum guests where you could send the requests in advance. What is that e-mail address??

4 Do they have the Wi-FI internet? Could I bring my laptop there?

Any suggestions are really appreciated!. Thank you very much!
I am new to this Forum, have to figure out how it works.

My e-mail address is: sdel65@hotmail.com.

Thank you very much!!

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Check in at the Platinum Suites is done at a separete lobby/lounge area in the Platinum section. When your bus/cab driver drops you off at the main bavaro Princess lobby you tell the bellman you are a Platinum guest and they have transportaion for you to the Platinum lounge.(like golf carts)
Once you arrive there they check you in(quick because there are no line ups!)and take your luggage to your room. All the Platinum suites are very close to the beach so everyone is within a couple minute walk(if that) to the lounge/check in area. The lounge has tables chairs, couches ,bar service, cold food and drinks, a great place to meet up with your friends.

There are 2 computers for Platinum guests only in the loung area, all free. I never saw WIFI or anyone with a lap top although, we never had a problem getting on a computer.

Since you have access to all the restaurants, the best choices are up to you.
Go ahead and try them all. You also a dinner each week of your stay at Licey which is an al a carte non Platinum members pay a fee for.

I know there is a list of email contacts, maybe someone could post the link..