I think my heart should be breaking!

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
I read all of these stories about the guys who call their special ladies on the phone, send them emails, stay in touch with them. Well, my Dominican bartender that was so friendly to me when I was down there a few years ago has never called, even though he had my phone number, never even sent a postcard or an email through another mutual friend that I do stay in touch with by email. I *boo hoo* think he's *boo hoo* forgotten me! Or maybe I am not even attractive enough for a sankie to want to hang on to. (And no, I won't post a picture so you can tell me just how fugly I truly am, okay?)

Above paragraph was totally in jest, by the way! Just feeling feisty tonight, so I thought I would post something, since I haven't been on here for quite a while. Actually, all told, it is for the best that he never tried to touch base with me. It's nice to have the memories of feeling beautiful, without having the other memories of knowing you got taken, for a ride, or anything else.

For those young (or not so young) ladies who do feel broken hearted because of a hot young Dominican guy, my advice would be to just enjoy the memories and leave them where they belong... as sweet memories. Enjoy the feeling of being beautiful and admired, and keep that part of it. Let all the bad stuff stay behind.

Have a great evening, everyone, and for those lucky enough to be enjoying the hot Dominican sun (or sons, as the case may be ;) ) - have a wonderful trip!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
For those young (or not so young) ladies who do feel broken hearted because of a hot young Dominican guy, my advice would be to just enjoy the memories and leave them where they belong... as sweet memories.

Let me get this straight: you are all bent out of shape because some ghetto prince who works as a servant in some hotel, makes less than 200 dollars / per month, can't read or write and certainly can't get a decent job outside of bar tending for fat foreigners in resort industry? Nice set of ideals you have lady.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let me get this straight: you are all bent out of shape because some ghetto prince who works as a servant in some hotel, makes less than 200 dollars / per month, can't read or write and certainly can't get a decent job outside of bar tending for fat foreigners in resort industry? Nice set of ideals you have lady.
AZB

AZB, you should read the post again, slowly.....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok, I admit, i didn't read the post, just a few points here and there. I see, the joke is on me. Yikexxxxx.
AZB

lanner

Jan 21, 2005
Hello,
I don't make a point of posting on here due to some people's rudeness.I do read the posts each day,but don't make a habit of adding to them.I am a foreigner from Canada that has been to the Domincan Republic on a couple of holidays and enjoy the beauty of the country.As I speak now I have family visiting Punta Cana.One thing to get straight is that all foreigners are not FAT!!And even if they have a weight issue what is the problem??The country likes our tourist dollars as well as anyone elses.Some people need to keep their ignorant views to themselves.

miss mia

Oct 13, 2006
Hello,
I don't make a point of posting on here due to some people's rudeness.I do read the posts each day,but don't make a habit of adding to them.I am a foreigner from Canada that has been to the Domincan Republic on a couple of holidays and enjoy the beauty of the country.As I speak now I have family visiting Punta Cana.One thing to get straight is that all foreigners are not FAT!!And even if they have a weight issue what is the problem??The country likes our tourist dollars as well as anyone elses.Some people need to keep their ignorant views to themselves.

i second that !! personally im from UK , but i agree completely i barely post mainly due to the ignorance and rudeness , everyones entitled to their views and opinions but no one is entitled to judge how people feel or think..

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Hello,

Um, you might want to try doing what AZB did this morning, which is reading the post over slowly. No one's trying to insult anyone here... actually, it sounds as though DRgirlatheart has a very healthy sense of humor. :bunny:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
i second that !! personally im from UK , but i agree completely i barely post mainly due to the ignorance and rudeness , everyones entitled to their views and opinions but no one is entitled to judge how people feel or think..

By all means post away. If you have something to share we'd love to hear it. There are only a couple of people who have nothing good to say about anything, you just learn to ignore them.

Welcome and don't be shy!

chauncey

Jan 11, 2007
Sorry that you feel that way...Maybe he should have been straight up with you in the first place. But there is a phrase that I want you to remember that we say here in the U.S........"What ever happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas!"
Those long distant relationships seldom work out at all...
But good luck with your search anyway..

Chauncey

lanner

Jan 21, 2005
I'm sorry if you did not catch what I was refering to but it was from AZB when he was talking about the Fat foreigners who stay at resorts.I have seen this on dr1 before.For one thing I might add I am not fat but for people who are it does hurt their feelings and I feel it is totally rude. That is why I have never posted on dr1 before as I was scared of the ignorant comments made by people and I am a shy person to begin with.

azuacanadagirl

Jan 24, 2005
Ha!

We use a phrase similar to yours here when we go on vacation... "whatever happens in the dominican republic stays in the dominican republic!!!". So, why on God's earth do we come back "in lust". We just say that phrase so that people who were vacationing with us don't tell anyone if we've fooled around or sanky pankied a little. Ha ha!

Just a thought, sankies must be very very busy today calling all their novias por el dia del amor.

Happy Valentine's day to all!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm sorry if you did not catch what I was refering to but it was from AZB when he was talking about the Fat foreigners who stay at resorts.I have seen this on dr1 before.

Are you saying there are no fat foreigners at the DR resorts? :surprised

do we need to put in a disclaimer every time a post is made like, not all foreigners are fat, not all sankie lovers are bimbos, not all people posting stupid remarks are serious.

was he talking about you? no? then why take it so personally?

we have 30 other forums on DR1 try getting out of here and read some real posts.

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
Just to clarify

I'm glad that some people detected that my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I wrote my posting. To answer a few questions, though...

Yes, I am overweight. Yes, it does hurt me when people make comments. However, when I make comments about myself, well, I am just beating everyone else to it. Please don't anyone think that I am putting down anyone with a weight problem. Lord knows, I live with one myself.

Yes, I was very flattered by the attention of the young bartender when I was down in DR. Did I do anything about it? No. Did I enjoy it? Absolutely! Do I wish that he was making a habit of calling me and asking for money every week or month, as some posters have experienced? Absolutely not! I have enough complications in my life and enough ways to make my hard-earned cash disappear as it is - I don't need another one. Besides, I wouldn't want VISA, the landlord, the gas company, Bell Canada, etc. to get jealous. :)

Will I go back to the DR? Absolutely! I am planning on being there again in another 2 months or so. Will I flirt? Every chance I get! Will it go any further than that? Not a chance! I have over 10 years invested in a marriage - I'm not going to throw it out the window for a vacation fling.

In the meantime, I am very glad if I managed to brighten anyone's day with my little bit of wit (some would say VERY little!) :cheeky: or put a smile on anyone's face.

Have a good one, folks, and Happy Valentine's Day!!

Last edited: