Looking for land for sale El Cupey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 16, 2007
We are a faith based mission group serving the Haitian migrants outside of Puerto Plata. We are looking to buy 80,000 to 200,000 m2 of inexpensive land with great views high up the el Cupey or surrounding area.

Please let me know if you are aware of a parcel currently for sale or if you own land you would like to see put to good use.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
We are a faith based mission group serving the Haitian migrants outside of Puerto Plata. We are looking to buy 80,000 to 200,000 m2 of inexpensive land with great views high up the el Cupey or surrounding area.

Please let me know if you are aware of a parcel currently for sale or if you own land you would like to see put to good use.
You might want to look at previous posts relating to el Cupey before you go too firm on location. Might I suggest a search of the archives by punching in the keywords "El Cupey", "Lloyd Robbins", "Making my Finca Legal". Dates to especially look out for are October 14th onwards & the month of November 2006! ~ Grahame.

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007

and you should receive land cheaply because your a faith based group...??? "GOD' i hope not. why dont you just set up in Haiti...land would be cheap as chips there!!!

Feb 16, 2007
Mr Robbins

Very unfortunate about Mr. Robbins. I am not sure that his murder will deter us from our mission. We need to be near the Haitian population as that is who we serve and there are several Bateyes in that general area. Of, course we are open to other areas provided they allow us access to those same Bateyes. Do you have any suggestions for alternatives? Also, from what I gather, you are not really safe anywhere in the DR.

I read the article on Mr Robbins murder and it said he had a handgun in his car at the time of his death. I am sure to be opening another can of worms here but I was told carrying a handgun was illegal in the DR. Can you legally buy a handgun and what are the penalties for being caught carrying without a permit? Under Mr Robbins situation and given the threats against him I too would carry my gun. But obviously, even this did him no good.

Well, still looking for suggestions for land that is still reasonably priced. We are a non profit trying to improve the conditions of the migrant workers which will ultimately benefit everyone living there.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Very unfortunate about Mr. Robbins. I am not sure that his murder will deter us from our mission. We need to be near the Haitian population as that is who we serve and there are several Bateyes in that general area. Of, course we are open to other areas provided they allow us access to those same Bateyes. Do you have any suggestions for alternatives? Also, from what I gather, you are not really safe anywhere in the DR.

I read the article on Mr Robbins murder and it said he had a handgun in his car at the time of his death. I am sure to be opening another can of worms here but I was told carrying a handgun was illegal in the DR. Can you legally buy a handgun and what are the penalties for being caught carrying without a permit? Under Mr Robbins situation and given the threats against him I too would carry my gun. But obviously, even this did him no good.

Well, still looking for suggestions for land that is still reasonably priced. We are a non profit trying to improve the conditions of the migrant workers which will ultimately benefit everyone living there.
Forgive me 29077 if this response seems over confrontational but I fear your desire to 'serve' is causing a fair amount of naivety.
1) The death of Lloyd was not 'UNFORTUNATE' - it was MURDER!! Plain & simple & the result was a Tragedy for HIM, those that knew him & especially for those HE was trying to help/serve.
2) Your comment re 'carrying of a handgun' being illegal indicates you need to change to supplier of your information. Handguns are a dime a dozen & carried openly by many (some with, some without permits), shotguns can be seen at any finca/rural area as well as in the towns. Automatic weapons are regrettably becoming more prevalent in hands other than those in the police & armed forces & one doesn't check those for "Permissions" otherwise one is likely to be looking down the barrel of said automatic ...... for just a second or two before "Lights Out"!!!
3) I don't think you are picking up the messages that were given in the various 'Lloyd' threads & that can be extremely dangerous. It became obvious to HIM that there were elements trying to force him OFF the land he had bought but even more importantly, warning him about the implications of getting too involved in that locality - the locality you say you need to buy in!

There IS land to be bought up there fairly cheaply I gather - I wouldn't touch it with a 50 ft bargepole!!

Please, think and 're-study' your area of offering help. As said by another poster (possibly a bit too forcefully but with the best possible intentions I am sure) Haiti is the best place to offer this assistance - BEFORE the Haitians leave there. That is NOT being racist, it is being realistic! ~ Grahame.

Feb 16, 2007
Again, I am here looking for suggestions for real estate, small fincas for sale. Any information along the availability of this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your advice. Please advise as to any land you may know of.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

You could contact Mr. Robbins son to see if he has sold the farm yet. Also worth looking in El Faro, the local paper. A couple of months back there were adverts every week for sale of largish land parcels in El Cupey, which probably tells you something. Have you looked at DR1 Property Centre? There is some mountain land available there. Or you could contact
Dominican Republic: Puerto Plata, Maimon. Ranch The Paradise's Hill. General information.

I understand that you are only looking for real estate and not advice so I won't offer any. Not even that you get some local background knowledge about the areas you are thinking of........................I will just repeat what Dave Allen used to say 'may your God go with you'. :)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Finca Paraiso (once owned by the golf course when it was USC Dominicana) was up there & THAT was very large & with beautiful sea views!! You might like to have a word with the local town hall & see if they or the Government now own it!

Have you contacted the local churches to see what their contacts know? There are also many charity groups offering help/guidance/support to Haitians already, so a chat with some of those might be worthwhile. Do you live here already or are you doing this from outside the country? Do you speak Spanish? If so I can put you in touch with a couple of LOCAL real estate agents who will get to hear of things Ex-Pat Realtors do not hear about!! ~ Grahame.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
poss lead.........

send an email to tropicalresources@hotmail.com
or call frase(20 years experience an devout christian)
pm me for his tel nbr.

Status
Not open for further replies.