Attention Dominican Men

P

Phyllis

I posted this earlier in one of the message threads - but I'm sure it won't get read as much, so here is my question again, Quote: I agree with what "DR Defender" said - not all are players! Some (and probably most) are players, but hey so are the woman who go down there and want it! Afterall there must be a demand if there are so many DR men offering...

But here is a question for the Dominican men, and please be honest: if the DR men are players and know it and are "allowed" to have many tourist women, then why can't the tourist women be players while they are in the DR on vacation, and have many DR men? Most messages on this board seems like, if you hook up with one DR guy for the week, then you can NOT spend anytime with another DR guy that week???

W

Wendy Friesen

I agree with you on the fact that the tourist women can do just the same as the men. I found that they were quite protective when it came to the women of the week. I never quite understood it either. When talking to one of them they informed me that the man was in control in the relationship. I believe that this plays a big part in the fact that there are double standards.

S

Sue

Hi Phyllis - who says you can't hook up with more than one guy for the week? It's your money, it's your vacation, it's your life - you can do whatever you want. Enjoy!

L

louise

Machismo???

I'm guessing here... But could it be that the pride/Machismo which Dominican men seem to thrive on is a key to the 'no no' for allowing their women to play? I have no idea... actually, I have no idea at all about the Machismo concept. Could anyone explain it - or attemt to explain it? Insights would be appreciated and might help me (a cold Nordic girl) understand Latin culture in it's broadest sense better. Thanks, Louise

J

JCesar

Re: Machismo???

If you know what feminismo is, then you know what machismo is. Just interpolate the genders.

(From a warm water laundry cycle caribbean boy)

L

Lynda

Dominican men are very jealous when you speak to another fellow, even if he is a shop clerk. They don't want to share the wealth that they have found. My friend (not lover) always asks me "Why do you speak to him?" He is terrified that I will meet someone else and that his family will lose my friendship. He just had a baby and I'm still friends with his family.

N

nobodys fool

Its obvious that most of the single women that are around or dating Dominican men, are seasoned world travelers and just want a taste of a well hunged Dominican male. And the Dominican male is there to accomodate them and get what ever else they can. So every body plays off each other.

J

Julie

Obviously, you are an idiot. Some of us are NOT seasoned travelers. Some of us had NO idea that all the smooth, romantic lines the Dominican men were giving us, were just lies. Some of us are naive mid-western Amerian girls who have never heard a compliment nicer than, "hey baby, nice ass". So, when we visit the Dominican and have a gorgeous man tell us how lovely our eyes are, or how beautiful we are.... we fall for it. I, for one, was NOT just interested in a well "hunged" (as you put it) Dominican. I was drawn to the compliments that I don't normally hear from American men and actually believed that those compliments were sincere. So, idiot, some of us were unfortunate and didn't realize we were being played. Not every woman goes to a foreign country to get laid. And, especially not by arrogant pricks like you. But, thanks for sharing your opinion on how Dominican men really see us foreign tourists.

T

trina

I met my Dominican boyfriend at his baseball game. He doesn?t drink, and I know, with everything in my heart, that he would never cheat on me. These men are few and far between, and I am very lucky. Even Dominican girls that I know tell me that he is a great guy, and that I am so lucky. Girls, I think the chances of meeting a NICE man at a bar, on the beach, or at the hotel are next to nil. Go to a ballgame, or other sporting event, or a movie, never to the above to meet a nice guy. You have to remember, these men are used to tourists, who come to the DR, are plied by drinks, and take the guy home to sleep with. No man, Dominican or otherwise, will respect a girl who does this. If you want to keep a Dominican man, take it slow. Don?t sleep with him right away. Anyone will tell you that Canadian girls here have a horrible reputation. I, too, am Canadian, and know where this is coming from. They show you all the attention in the world until you sleep with them, and then it?s over, unless they want something more, like your money. By the time you?ve figured out their program, either you?ve already been dumped, or you dump them, and go for another Dominican, who will do the exact same thing. Keep in mind, the second Dominican already knows that you have slept with the first Dominican, because they all talk. They are used to women coming down for 1 or 2 weeks, and by the time you?ve gone home, they?ve already talked you out of money, and you have no self-respect left. And guess what? When you go home, it?s on to the next, what most call ?frusfleis?, which is German for ?fresh meat?. Most can convince you that they are with you, and only you, and their friends will attest to it. What do their friends care about you? They just agree so their buddy will do it back for them. I live here, and unfortunately, see it time and time again. And feel very lucky to have the boyfriend that I have.

J

JCesar

Hey nobody's fool! Which one, in your opinion, qualify more appropriately as a predatory specie roaming the DR land: the Dominicus Tiguerazosiburus Avivatoex or the Touristus Hornivurus Vagamundarex?

Thanks for answering and contributing to the advancement of science.

J

Jan

Wow Trina, well said. As a Canadian girl having visited the DR last year myself, I have met one of the handsomest Dominican men I have ever seen in my life while staying at a resort in Puerto Plata. I kept the lines of communication with him open for a few months, but thanks to the DR1 site, I realized that perhaps he wasn't all that I thought he was. I'm glad that I was never intimate with him, no matter how strong the urge was. He was so attentive to me, called me every opportunity he could (unlike many Canadian men), and we went out on the town and had a great time together. I like to think that I have more respect for myself as a person than to have sex with someone I just met while on vacation on a tropical holiday. I honestly thought, having never been there before, and him paying so much attention to me, that maybe we had something going. My reasons may not have been the best, as I was more worried about catching some disease, than my moral welfare. Still, I am so over this guy now and will know better the next time I visit this beautiful country, not to fall for what could be a resort "player". I realize also that there are some nice, genuine Dominican men out there. I just have to find one.

S

Sue

You mention that Canadian girls have a horrible reputation there. Just curious to know what kind of reputation girls from other countries i.e. Britain, Germany, have.

T

trina

Good job, Jan. I am not saying that they are all players, but my boyfriend tells me that he himself used to work at a resort, and was quite disgusted by it all. I know, sounds too good to be true, but he is. Let me know if you are coming back, and I happen to know a couple more of the really, truly nice ones.

To answer your question, Sue. Germans are mainly known for falling for a guy, and giving him money, or buying them things, like cars, or motorbikes. They have only known this guy for 2 weeks or less, and they buy them these things.

The English probably have the best reputation, because they usually, generally, don't sleep with Dominicans right away. Canadians, as well as Americans, are known for getting really drunk, and taking them home. Often, they are robbed, not only of their dignity, but also of their money. Quebecois have an especially bad reputation. They also have the rep of being rude.

Scandanavians also have a good reputation, because they, too, don't generally sleep with them right away, if at all. I never hear stories, and believe me, if you sleep with someone in this country, everyone knows.

J

Jan

Trina, I do expect to visit the Dominican again soon. I love that Country. I will let you know when I expect to come down. I'm anxious to meet you. I'll give you a call, or send you an e-mail. Thanks.

B

Bashful

Trina what gives you the right to categorize all "non-Dominican" people. Everyone got so offended when people where making fun of Dominican lines, saying that it isn't fair that people generalize them. Well, aren't you just the pot calling the kettle black. Bull shit, that your guy didn't ever do exactly the same thing, and use the same lines. Maybe he has changed, but just because you believe something doesn't mean that it's true. Sure I am Canadian and I went down there to have a good time, and I did. But I didn't get drunk and take some stranger home with me. So I met a guy, and maybe for the week I lost my good sense, and did some stuff I shouldn't have done. BUT I was completely sober, some nights we went out, I never even had one drink, and I had a good time. I didn't go with him to have sex, or some type of sorted vacation fling. I resent what you are saying about tourists. Sure, we may appear to be very guilible, but not because Canadians are stupid, naive drunks, but because we want to believe that everyone is good at heart, that people will tell you the truth, that you don't have to doubt everyone you come across, we believe in trust. I personal trust people until they give me reason not to, if I didn't how would I ever really get to know people. So that it, I went on vacation, met a "nice" guy (maybe, maybe-not). Maybe I met one of those true ones you are talking about, and maybe not, but it's my mistake to make, and my life to live. Just don't stereotype me, as some drunken Canadian, that got suckered in, and took some guy she didn't know home. That's not what happened, and I'm sure there are a lot of other Canadians out there that do not fit into your little scenerio. If you got a good you keep'em, they are hard to find anywhere in this world, the world is full of people who make the rest of us look bad.

T

trina

Bashful

Perhaps you were not listening to what I was saying, and shoot off your mouth without thinking. I merely said that Canadians have a horrible reputation here. I didn't categorize, or say that this is how they do behave. This is the reputation they (WE, remember, I am Canadian) have. You can ask anyone that lives here, and they will all tell you the same thing. If you say you are Canadian, already, in their minds, they are thinking that you are going to be bad here. This is NOT my opinion, it is their opinion. I don't like it, but I put up with it. Perhaps you are feeling a little guilty??? Sorry, not my problem.

T

trina

And another thing...

You take a strip off me for "categorizing", which I didn't, I merely spoke of what is popular belief here. THEN you say bullshit, that my guy didn't ever do the same thing. You don't even KNOW him. What gives you the right to judge him? You are a piece of work.

B

Beatriz

Re: And another thing...

Oh my god..What a situation... Is it necesary to be so rude here? You haven't told anything about Spanish girls.. LOL.... Really funny.... (hahaha...and don't tell me we all are flamencas...LOL...) The truth is that topics are only topics....

C

cndgirl

Re: And another thing...

You became so defensive on the fact that this is what we had found during our experiences in the Dominican. All we were doing was questioning other peoples experiences and doing the exact thing that you say they do down there when talking about Canadian girls. I am Canadian and never did anything that you say they think we do. I believe that if you reread your comments you would realize that you were defending their behavior and generalizations and yet persecuing us for ours. I think everyone has a right to their opinions should be able to vocalize them without being judged or insulted .