sinverg?enza lawyer is not producing

d12

Feb 19, 2007
Hello,

I am trying to get my title for a property purchased over two years ago and the lawyer who was paid in advance to perform all the legal work for the transfer has been lying, cheating, running away, etc for the last 6 months. This was after the money was transfered to his account to pay the transfer taxes.

I am currently in Saman? peninsula to push matters forward but have run into a brick wall. According to the latest version of events from this lawyer, he has paid everything, including the transfer taxes but that just in January there is a new law requiring the prepayment of 1% of the assets of the selling company for the upcoming year.

The brick wall? He claims to have paid everything but can never produce documents or receipts as proof, he says he will show everything at tal y tal hora pasado ma?ana, and then at the meeting he has nothing and says oh, it's in another office.

The other brick wall is that, although i know that i can submit a complaint to the supreme court against him for not processing my case or responding to my communications, I want a lawyer who is competent and will go after this guy and around here no one fits the bill.

Three questions:

1. In order to process my case against this "lawyer", does the case have to be heard in the supreme court in Santo Domingo or is there another venue that is closer to Saman??

2. Where can i find a lawyer (recommendations please) close to where the case would be lodged and heard that is competent and willing to go after this shameless character to extract the money that was paid for legal services and the transfer taxes and strip him of his license?

3. Do i have to use a lawyer to file a complaint against him or can i lodge the complaint myself?

Thanks in advance

d12

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Do you have signed receipts for all of the money you handed this guy?

Don't waste your time using a lawyer to fight a lawyer. Don't throw good money after bad. Even IF you could find someone honest in the DR to do this work, it will be 2020 before you get a judgement, and by then the bad guy will have nothing to seize, or will be in government and untouchable.

Think like a dominican, and do the dominican thing, which will probably work to get your work satisfactorily completed. Or at least a refund. Cheaper, and quicker.

d12

Feb 19, 2007
GringoCArlos:

That is a valid point, to do the "dominican thing", however, what is the "dominican thing" in this case? Find his family members and complain to them that he is not treating me right? Kiss his ass so he feels extra important? Please elaborate as i agree that that it the right approach (in theory).

Cheers

d12

C

Chip00

Lawyer in Santiago

d12

I sent you a pm of a very decent and honest lawyer in Santiago that Hillbilly and I use.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
d12

I sent you a pm of a very decent and honest lawyer in Santiago that Hillbilly and I use.

Be sure to send him a PM with our ad rates, the lawyer...... :)

As I said, if your looking for a decent lawyer, go to talk to Fabio Guzman or wait until he posts a reply in this thread.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Be sure to get him to email me for ad rates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
You should get a lawyer to tell you, at least, what the problem is. After that, you may choose to go on alone or with legal help.

I would not recommend you to retain a Santiago attorney to deal with a matter in Saman?. There are several reputable law firms in the area, including ours, which could handle the matter more efficiently.

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
No lawyer will proceed against another lawyer. But you will think he will.