flyfishing inshore in Bavaro

flysrb

Feb 15, 2007
Hey Now! I'm interested in fishing from a kayak on wading the flats. We're staying at the Bavaro Princess 3/11-18....Do I need a liscense also??
Thanks!, RB!

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Do you know about some hidden "flats" in Bavaro.....

.....because they are not there. However, if you contact some of the fishing guys out in PC (Pro's) they can likely at least get you to some spots where you might get to throw some fast sinking taper (from a boat). This is not the Turks and Caicos.....you won't be finding bonefish here...but you can find Snook and Tarpon in the right places at the right time of the year. Bavaro is never the right place for those species however.

Suerte!

DEV

Dec 1, 2005
Does anyone know of any inland flyfishing? I know the white water raft in the mountains.

Thanks, DEV

Sep 19, 2005
you know how you look at something for a split second and then turn away....what you saw reminds you of a photograph. well iw as driving over river near La Romana(not the one down in the valley that is partly white water) the water level was high and it was a slow moving river. I looked out down the river as i drove over it and I saw a silver fish about 2 feet long in mid air. because i had truned back to make sure i didnt become a statistic. I remember it like a photo.. just the fish frozen in air..I didnt see it jump or land....

seems like that river might have some good fishing in it.....it might have been a 100 or so yards wide the river..maybe a little more

anyone know the river i speak of?

even though it really isnt close to Bavaro

bob

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Thats likely the Chavon River............

...........and there are BIG SNOOK in there and Tarpon come in as well. A record 70+# snook caught in there on a handline.........crazy I can spend big money for Fin-Nor and Abel reels and Thomas and Thomas Rods and never come close to one of those like that down here ...though I have fished some great spots where that possibility existed..........