Are there 1 or 2 grand bahia principe resorts?

janestag

Feb 20, 2007
My husband & I are interested in going to the grand bahia principe(GBP), but we are confused as we have seen references for GBP punta cana & GBP bavaro. Are there two resorts or only 1?

Also, can anyone give us the scoop (good & bad) about this resort? We plan to go in Mid-June 2007.

Sep 19, 2005
there are many...they bought up a lot of other hotels and are calling them very similar names. There is now a gran bahia in samana as well...actually there may be 2 or more in samana now....I suspect thats the case in some of the other touristy areas as well......

and some are in the midst of remodeling

bob

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I are headed to the Gran Bahia Principle Resort in Punta Cana next week (June 6) for 4 nights. We live in POP but want to visit the south side of this beautiful island again. If this is the same one you are staying at let me know via message and I'll be glad to post some pictures and comments for you.

Phil&Gerry

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
In Punta Cana the complex is called the Gran Bahia Punta Cana and it consists of three separate and distinct resorts:

Bahia Principe Bavaro and Bahia Principe Punta Cana are mirror images of each other stretching from their dual lobbies to the common oceanfront pool. Within these two resorts are sections called Club Golden and Club Diamond which have some special individual perks which are marketed by specific Tour Operators.

Bahia Principe Club Premiere is an adult only section which has it's own pool and restaurant and is in a separate area near the lobbies of the other two resorts.

Gregg