Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping for a Condo

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre-constructions usually do not have rules yet?

I used to live in El Neptuno and like it alot. My only problem was the woman who lives across the street and when she drives home she honks loudly for servants to open the gate. Any time day or night. Especially night.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am interested in getting information from Ms. Valdez

Mr. Chunky Skin
    Post Thanks / Like

elneptuno2005@gmail.com
    Ramona Valdez, administrator at El Neptuno

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Lucine, I live in El Neptuno in Sosua. We have the best administrator on the north coast and our buildings and common areas, though not new, are very well maintained. We have a good set of rules and they are enforced, a revision is in process that will make them even stronger. The General Assembly earlier this month approved installing entry doors on each of our buildings with intercom connection to each apartment in order to increase security. We have insurance to cover the replacement cost of the condominium that covers everything included in the construction. Owners who want content insurance can buy it, but all are covered for the replacement cost of the buildings. The owners take pride in the condominium and approve measures to improve it. The Assembly also approved renovating the patio in front of the building, replacing the present expanse of concrete with walks and green spaces. We are located in a quiet, upscale neighborhood, but only a few minutes walk from the center of town and the beach. The apartments are large, with 2 bedrooms and two baths. I think apartments here are a much better value than are the much higher priced apartments in the many new condos that are being built in the area.

Several apartments are presently available, and it is possible to deal direct with owners if you prefer. Our administrator is Ramona Valdez. If anyone wants her contact information, please send me a PM or email.
    hi, looking at your old post of 2007. What is the aprox. value of your condo now and what was it about 1 year ago ?. Do you still consider it a good value ? Are there any avail now ? Will they b ok to rent for vacationers/residents, and at what rate? HOw long might it take to get a renter ? If I am more interested in buying for renting to tourists, where might be the best value now ? Can you recommend someone I can talk to ? Thank yo for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up New York Jay

:Post content removed - please contact robert@dr1.com if you wish to advertise your property.
    Last edited by Hlywud; 04-03-2010 at 09:08 AM.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

This post is in response to "Ken" stating that where he lives has "the best administrator on the north coast".

I have personally stayed at this condo complex and can safely say that the stay was wonderful EXCEPT for the administrator "Ramona".

I paid good money to stay there and was constantly harrassed by this administrator. The rooms were NOT cleaned when they said they would and I was rudely startled by these people knocking on my bedroom window! early in the morning, asking to clean my place after they neglected to do it at the scheduled time.

Then to my surprise, I get a notorized, scathing letter from this administrator, telling me I acted inappropriately to their lack of cleaning and that I should have been nicer in my approach to them - concerning the fact that they forgot about cleaning my condo. After all they are Dominican (they are slower and not in a rush) and the clock was broken - the two lame excuses I got.

After my stay, this administrator, then sent a letter to the condo owners, stating I was a bad tenant and that I liked to bring in undesirables to the condo (my many dominican friends) - who are harmless and NEVER caused any problem.

When I left, I left the condo in perfect condition and was in contact with the condo owner reporting to him how nice I kept the condo and how inappropriate the conduct of this administrator was.

This administrator made it a living hell for me while I was there, yet I did the best I could to ignore her and simply enjoy my vacation. I was an invited guest (by another owner) at this condo complex, but I feel my treatment by this particular administrator was highly unprofessional and I would NOT wish this type of treatment on any other guest to this establishment nor would I ever stay there again as there are MANY other places in town, just as nice, that actually have an administrator that is not snobby and on a power trip.

I have been traveling to Sosua for 6 years now and have stayed at almost every place available in this town, NEVER with an incident - this is by far the worst treatment I have ever had from an administrator of the place I stayed at.

In addition, I had the chance to "meet" Ken, I saw him walking by on several occasions and a simple "hello" on my part was never followed up by a "hello" on his part. Ken and this administrator are very tight and his attitude basically matched the administrator's - cold, not caring and basically an aloof - I'm better than you are attitude - that to me, just doesn't fly in Sosua which is filled with happy, welcoming, friendly people.

I would say IF you choose to stay at this complex, avoid Ken and the administrator and you'll be OK

Good luck!

Adios amigos and amigas!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I much prefer Cabarete, just a short jaunt down the road. Not as 'in your face' drugs and prostitution. Also, the beach is better, Sosua has a bay with beautiful turquoise waters but you are constantly pestered by vendors. I have lived down here for two years and love it. I agree strongly with Ken that there are many complexes, that although are not brand new, are better managed, have more mature landscaping and a wonderful community of friends. Good luck, we hope you wil join us soon!

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

nice post ken, thanks for that,

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a tour to see other areas in order. Sosua will continue to be a bit run down:
    8 other areas in DR may be better.
    Yanandu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12