I fell for it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishGirl

Feb 22, 2007
I can't believe I fell for it!

I went to the DR for Christmas and New Year, this was my first trip there although my family went last August.

I must admit, I also feel a like I have been taken in. I am usually quite sensible and don't always let my feelings take over as I have been hurt quite badly in the past and have generally tried to be a bit more careful etc.

However, I did meet an 'entertainment' worker whilst out there who I am quite besotted with. I've read so many postings about sankies and what to look out for etc and have been trying to cross reference this guy.

He hasn't asked me for money and has called me a few times and spoken to me on MSN etc. But he has told me he wants to be with me and loves me, I even spoke to his children on the phone.

Its very hard to explain what its like and I know that if I blatantly ask if I'm being taken for a ride somebody will probably say yes. I am desperate to go back and see him and am trying to go back in April.

He has a brother living in germany and has stayed in germany for about 7-8 months a few years ago. He has applied for another visa twice now and has been refused but I believe that he does not want me for a visa as surely with his brother living in germany eventually they may say yes again.

We did talk about me inviting him over to england but I also explained that I could not afford to 'keep' him for 6 months so he would have to have access to some money.

Sorry, I know I'm going on a bit but I really need some advice, as with some of the others should I cut it...I am starting to doubt his sincerity and am worried that I could lose someone I could be happy with or that I could fall even further for this guy and end up getting seriously hurt.

What should I do? Should I continue or should I cut it now?

Please, please help me!!!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
he's not in your mind, he's in your pants....once you find another man, you'll forget about him...

EnglishGirl

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks for that Kyle!!

But my dilemma is should I try pursue it or let it go? On one hand I read all the happy ending stories and think that maybe one day it could be me but then on the other hand I don't want to be made a fool of.

I can't find anyone else while I feel like this but then I don't want to find anyone else either.

Is he a sankie??

C

Chip00

Thanks for that Kyle!!

But my dilemma is should I try pursue it or let it go? On one hand I read all the happy ending stories and think that maybe one day it could be me but then on the other hand I don't want to be made a fool of.

I can't find anyone else while I feel like this but then I don't want to find anyone else either.

Is he a sankie??

I think most of the people will tell you to punt this fellow mainly for the fact that he is an entertainment worker in a tourist area. Read these forums to understand the mentality. More than likely to him you are a ticket out of the DR - just because he has a brother in Germany means very little in fact. If he has been denied a travel visa already there is no reason to think that he will be accepted in the future.

I married a Dom. women and I'm American but we met in the interior where the attitude towards foreigners is different. This is not to say that you can't find a good Dominican in the tourist areas but honestly it will be difficult mainly for the fact that the locals have lots of prejudices about foreigners and even pressure to "get one" ie. a gringa

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
[
HTML:
B]I must admit, I also feel a like I have been taken in[/B].

yes you have.

HTML:
However, I did meet an [B]'entertainment' worker [/B]whilst out there who I am quite besotted with. [B]I've read so many postings about sankies [/B]and what to look out for etc and have been trying to cross reference this guy.

if you read so much you must know how much they get paid and that they are itching to find someone like you to leave the DR, even if he says he doesn't want to leave his country..........and if you have read so much why are you having doubts. You are probably an educated girl why would you wan to get involved with a guy with a 5th grade education?

HTML:
He hasn't asked me for money
eventually he will

HTML:
 if I'm being taken for a ride somebody will probably say yes.
yes

HTML:
Sorry, I know I'm going on a bit but I really need some advice, as with some of the others should I cut it 
What should I do? Should I continue or should I cut it now?

Please, please help me!!!
Ay Dios mio, who is really behind this post, is that you Shad, Mountainfrog, Miguel??? AZB

hey how do I use the quote to break up the post?

Last edited:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
sounds fishy to me too, nice twist with the brother in Germany.

Post his name and resort then people with respond by private message. If you read all the material on here, you will find your answer.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ay Dios mio, who is really behind this post, is that you Shad, Mountainfrog, Miguel??? AZB

Hard to believe there are that many naive people out there eh? That's what I used to think but they keep proving me wrong :lick: she is posting from the UK

Trust me if I thought it was a sock they would hear from me very loudly :devious:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Hard to believe there are that many naive people out there eh? That's what I used to think but they keep proving me wrong :lick: she is posting from the UK
Trust me if I thought it was a sock they would hear from me very loudly :devious:

you never know Anna, did any of the guys say they were going on vacation??? AZB? Shad? hahahah :laugh: haven't seen them around lately

ACW

Feb 22, 2007
Hello,

This is also my first time on this site. Not sure if I am allowed to mention names but is anyone familiar with an entertainment worker by the name of Sexy Black Banana?

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
que pasa?

I hope that Shad has not decided to stay out of this because if he has, then I am mad at Anna:devious:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Mar what you do is hit the quote then copy/paste and take out everything except the sentence you want to address and keep pasting and removing the part you don't need but don't take out the [qoute] word from each end every time you backspace

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
damn spoke too soon

Hello,

This is also my first time on this site. Not sure if I am allowed to mention names but is anyone familiar with an entertainment worker by the name of Sexy Black Banana?

busted would you like to send me a PM explaining when you have two usernames ot else I'm deleting this whole thing I have no patience

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Play the game

You have probably blown it with him you will never find out if he is good or bad until it?s to late. Try returning again poorly dressed and claiming you are penniless and demonstrate it and with no dreams of returning to England. You will probably find the guys that are interested in you and not what you can do for them.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Sexy Black Banana??? STOP!!! jajajaja -Aay Dios mio. Who thinks of these things?? Wouldn't Sexy Black Guineo be more authenic ---- and alluring....

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Sexy Black Banana??? STOP!!! jajajaja -Aay Dios mio. Who thinks of these things?? Wouldn't Sexy Black Guineo be more authenic ---- and alluring....

jaajajaj too funny, and it sounds like a great name for a stripper, :laugh:

Anna what do u mean? ACW is Englishgirl's sock.? so this whole story is not real :angry: I've been played?? :disappoin :disappoin man it was good while it lasted.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think ACW must be some demented white guy. I've heard of ridiculous animation names before but this is made up. Come on what management is going to let a guy go around a resort with that name?

Status
Not open for further replies.