playa grande

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2006
my FH and the guys want to go golfing at playa grande. we are staying at breezes POP. just wonder how long of a drive. do they have "excursion" buses that go there or do they need to take a taxi. How much is the taxi. do they need to make tee times ahead of time or can they make them at the resort.

michelle

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Breezes to Playa Grande is about one hour's drive. I do not know of any 'Excursion' buses although there is a company that will organise the trip (for a fee).

How MANY want to go (price of travel will depend slightly on size of bus!). A 4 seater taxi would be from US $80 - US $100 for the day,m a larger 7/8 seater maybe another US $20 for the round trip.

It is always best to ring Playa Grande beforehand to confirm availability. Not so much for getting a Tee Time - more to ensure there are no tournaments due for the day you (they) intend going!

I am playing there on 3rd & 4th March so if you want something specific checking out, let me know & I'll ask Luis for the answers! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
bushbaby

thanks for the info. if you find anything out let me know.

michelle
Tell you what Michelle, you answer my questions above & I'll know what to find out & let you know! Until then I am a bit stumped to know what to find out about!
Try this:
No 3 is a bitch par three :p . No 4 is an "Interesting" par five. :alien: No. 12 is everyones nightmare :cry: . No 17 creates a few problems as a Par 3 :eek: whilst No. 18 is hell to finish a good round with!:dead: ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
How many 'Guys' (incl. FH) want to play? (any G/friends or wives tagging along?)
WHEN are you all coming to Breezes? (Dates)
HOW many times will they want to play?
What are their handicaps (time for you to learn these golfing expressions if you are marrying an avid golfer!!)
Are they bringing their own clubs or do they intend renting here?
Where are you all coming FROM? (Country).

Nearly everything is negfotiable in the DR - with the answers to the above questions I can come up with ideas, suggestions & some prices! ~ Grahame.

dingdongdenny

Jan 6, 2007
grahame thanks for discription of the golf holes hope 18 doesn't eat to many of my golf balls,:) i will be bringing extra's.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
grahame thanks for discription of the golf holes hope 18 doesn't eat to many of my golf balls,:) i will be bringing extra's.
If I get to the 18th Tee with a score of 90 or less & then my 2nd shot goes "Into the sea", replacing golf balls will not be the biggest problem for you!! I tend o get a bit frustrated at such things & might lash out uncontrollably. Better bring a truss or similar too! :rolleyes: :classic: ~ Grahame.

dingdongdenny

Jan 6, 2007
well if i seem to be looking in space and enjoying the view i might not be :rolleyes: :cool: not sure what tune ill be wistling

Nov 9, 2006
staying at breezes april 1st til 8th (but april 3rd is the wedding, and he better not golf that day. lol)

no they won't bring their clubs, they cost more then ... well just they are way to expensive, i could buy all my favourite shoes in the world!!! lol

they will only go one day to golf, probley thursday

handicap iam not sure, I know one guy got it done on some kid of card. my fh thinks he is a 89 or 90 but never got it done personally.

atleast 4 guys, not sure if us wives will tag along. Iam going to swim with dolphins instead. but not of the other wives. plus i get car sick pretty bad so one long drive to ocean world is good enough for me. but there is a total of 14 going but i can only garentee only 4 guys for sure.

thanks so much for your help

michelle

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
staying at breezes april 1st til 8th (but april 3rd is the wedding, and he better not golf that day. lol)

no they won't bring their clubs, they cost more then ... well just they are way to expensive, i could buy all my favourite shoes in the world!!! lol

they will only go one day to golf, probley thursday

handicap iam not sure, I know one guy got it done on some kid of card. my fh thinks he is a 89 or 90 but never got it done personally.

atleast 4 guys, not sure if us wives will tag along. Iam going to swim with dolphins instead. but not of the other wives. plus i get car sick pretty bad so one long drive to ocean world is good enough for me. but there is a total of 14 going but i can only garentee only 4 guys for sure.

thanks so much for your help

michelle

Lambada,
Thank you for noticing my spelling mistake above - would you like to have a go here too??

Michelle,
Re reading the whole of this thread it sounds to me as if the 'Guys' might need a day out together. Golf is best played & enjoyed by participants when those who Might 'tag along' get themselves a good tan from round the hotel pool or beach! $ in my car (which is what I was going t suggest) might be too much of a squeeze especially if 'the Guys' are of large frame. If 4 wanted to go with me, NO WIVES would be allowed - I am a male chauvinist living in a male chauvinist country!!!

Might I suggest 'the Guys' check out Martin Espinall (use search function for his Tel No &/or fax numbers) to see what he would charge for his small van for the day. There are a number of Taxi companies in Sosua area too, many of whom have small vans suitable to take 6 or more.

If your F-H decides that he is prepared to limit numbers to 3 guys, then get HIM to PM me on this site & we can work something out. I have a spare set of clubs & those others wanting to play can hire clubs down there! Cost per round is presently about US $103 plus caddy (RD $500) plus his tip.

Hope this helps ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada,
Thank you for noticing my spelling mistake above - would you like to have a go here too??..........................

$ in my car (which is what I was going t suggest) might be too much of a squeeze .

Well since you ask, I never found $ to take up all that much room........:laugh: :laugh: I suppose you find it makes for a negfotiable squeeze.........?

Nov 9, 2006
grahame

thanks for the offer but i know for sure it will diffinetly by 4 guys, 3 out of 4 are all over 6 feet tall so they don't have the small body frame. (they are typical canadian hockey type guys, lol)

I'll check out Martin E. i have heard alot of good things about him.

i can't wait to get to the RD, 34 days is just to long to wait!!!! from -30 degree celcuis to +30 degrees is going to a nice big jump to heaven. the company i work for owns a mill in Cuba and there workers come to our company a couple of times a year. they asked management if they can only come up in the summer. lol. they couldn't handle our winters. they liked the snow and playing in it, but they froze there already skinny buts off!!.

michelle

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
No sweat Michelle - I'll put the 'Old Boy' "networking through friends/contacts" cards away for another time & another group. I have just heard from someone organising the rounds for this weekend, that a round now costs US $140 oer person (including cart I believe but NOT the caddy's tip). That is a good US $35 more than I remember it from earlier in the year!! Must be busy down there. ~ Grahame.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
the ladies (or even golf widowers??) could do the beach there? It's a lovely beach, not sure what it would be like for a full day there though?

Status
Not open for further replies.