Departure tax

Corporal cod

Jan 12, 2005
I am sure that i read somewhere recently that there are different set price departure taxes depending on the duration of your stay, i was just wondering what the different rates were? A link would be helpful, as i can't find the original post?

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Here are the fees, after 15 days since that is all your tourist visa is good for.

Here are the penalty amounts for overstaying:

15 Days - 3 Months: $300 Pesos
3 Months - 9 Months: $500 Pesos
9 Months - 1 Year: $2000 Pesos
1 Year - 1.5 Years: $3500 Pesos
1.5 Years - 2 Years: $4500 Pesos
2 Years - 2.5 Years: $6000 Pesos
2.5 Years - 3 Years: $8000 Pesos
3-5 Years: $12000 Pesos
5 Years+: $15000 Pesos

If you do a search, type in overstaying and the threads pertaining to this will show up.

Marlie

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Yes, I forgot to mention that!

Thank you goes to Gregg really, as he was the one that posted this information in a thread a week or so back! I just copied it!:bandit:

Marlie

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
No mater where you are from or where you land and depart from (as long as you are a tourist and not a resident) there is $10US pp required for a Tourist Card and $20US pp required for a Departure Tax.

Usually:

Americans pay for the Tourist Card on arrival but the Departure Tax is prepaid in the taxes section of their airline ticket.

Canadians Tourist Card is prepaid in their package price but the Departure Tax is paid in $US cash at the airport on departure.

Brits must pay in $US cash for both on arrival and departure respectively.

I'm sure someone will tell me they paid differently but these are the norms.

Overstay penalties are a different fee and are in addition to Tourist Cards and Departure Taxes.

Gregg

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
No mater where you are from or where you land and depart from (as long as you are a tourist and not a resident) there is $10US pp required for a Tourist Card and $20US pp required for a Departure Tax.

Usually:

Americans pay for the Tourist Card on arrival but the Departure Tax is prepaid in the taxes section of their airline ticket.

Canadians Tourist Card is prepaid in their package price but the Departure Tax is paid in $US cash at the airport on departure.

Brits must pay in $US cash for both on arrival and departure respectively.

I'm sure someone will tell me they paid differently but these are the norms.

Overstay penalties are a different fee and are in addition to Tourist Cards and Departure Taxes.

Gregg
Someone should make this a sticky.