would like insight - Grand Palladium Palace

island lovers

Feb 24, 2007
Leaving for Grand Palladium Palace on March 5th for a week. Just wondering if anyone could give us a little insight on what to expect, anything to watch for, tips on making our stay any better.

I know from staying at other resorts, there are always shortcuts and tips people find after staying at the same resort a few times. Just hoping maybe there are a few people on this site that have stayed here.

Also, any tips on getting a room on the beach? if they have any on the beach. Right now we have Junior suites booked.But we wouldn't mind upgrading to get what we want.

one more thing .....I work for Budweiser , Are Budweiser Products available at this resort or surrounding area?

You have a JUnior suite , you will be impressed I have been there 3 times and each time it is better. What do you want to upgrade to??????
Forget Budweiser when in the DR, it is a tough sell down there when Presidente is available, let me tell you I drink Bud herein Canada but never in the DR, Presidente and Brugal only.

EDinNB

Apr 1, 2006
I can Drink Bud anywhere... But in DR it is Presidente only for me... but I will if offered drink a shot of Barcelo, if Brugal isn't available....

As the saying goes... when in Rome do as the Roman Tourists do...

EDinNB

island lovers

Feb 24, 2007
Thanks for your replies! We have Presidente available here....guess I better buy a 6 pack and try it to get use to it!

Also,Hlywud, Can you tell me are the Junior Suites located on the beach ? Nothing better than to wake up early and watch the sunrise over the ocean from your balcony. From what photos I've seen of the resort it's hard to tell .....looks like most rooms are located away from the beach area....what about rooms around the pool area ( our 2nd best choice) Can we ask for a certain area for our rooms ? or are all the Junior Suites located in one area?

here is a link to a map of complex

Resort Maps of Caribbean and Mexico - Palladium Newest - Worldisround photo

after it loads click on ( view full-size image -- 1100 x 850)

It doesnt show you where the Junior Suites are located but when I was there they were located in Buildings 81 82 91 and 92, now they may have added more when they did their reno program.

I also have pictures of the entire resort complex on 3 different webpages

here is link to my index page hlywud's Homepage on Worldisround