Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation - Dominican Fiesta 2007

dot

Jun 19, 2005
www.beyondthebeach.ca
Just to let you know that we have received many items for our Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation - Dominican Fiesta 2007.

It will be held on Saturday, July 28, 2007 in Orangeville, Ontario!

From the Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata, we have the following:

- Fun Royale, has again generously donated a gift certificate for 2 people, all-inclusive for 2 weeks (without air)

- Gran Ventana is donating 2 prizes of one week for 2 people - up from 1 prize last year! (without air)

- Checkpoint in Sosua has informed us that they will support us again this year and, we will let you know shortly what they are donating.... I can tell you that their double bacon cheesburger is EXCELLENT!!!

We are still working on obtaining more items.... check our website to see a complete list of items so far.... and, check it often... Web Posting Information

Olive Thompson, President
Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation

dot

Jun 19, 2005
www.beyondthebeach.ca
The price has been set for the Beyond The Beach Dominican Fiesta 2007 being held in Orangeville on July 28

Costs per person: $25

The menu is FABULOUS and just keeps getting better!

Fiesta Grand Door Prize - Gran Ventana 1 week All Inclusive for 2 people (without air)

Excellent prizes up for silent auction as well as door prizes galore

Check out Web Posting Information for details

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
In which area of the DR will you be helping the children and with what please?

Ladybird, please feel free to browse our website at Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation

The two groups we presently lend financial support to are Mustard Seed Community, an orphanage for handicapped and abandoned children in Cangrejo and the DREAM Project in Cabarete, which supports education as a means to self-help, in the DR.

I am coming to the North Coast in late April for two weeks and have been authorized by our Board of Directors to make monetary donations to both of these organizations, again AND to make a first-time donation to another North Coast group whose work we admire (as this group does not know we are making a donation I will not reveal their name until I have made the donation on behalf of BTBCF).

Thank you for your interest and if you have any other questions which may not be addressed by our website, please post here, e-mail or PM me.

Gregg Andrews
Secretary Treasurer
BTBCF
Gregg@beyondthebeach.ca

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
July seemed so far away but now it's fast approaching . It's at the end of July so I have no birthday parties to attend this year therefore I'll be there one way or another. ;)

Let's get a big group from DR1 this year.
Who's with me? ;)

captain2002

Mar 30, 2006
www.beyondthebeach.ca
Here is an updated list, and we still have 3 months to go.:classic:

Donation Value Donated/Contacted by

Poker chip set X 2 $110.00 Chris

Tee shirts, Mini radio's Cin
Nike golf shirt $120.00 Chris
Dunlop Titanium Deep Driver $150.00 Chris
Leather attache case $90.00 Chris
Mikasa crystal picture frame $80.00 Nenita
All other prizes $290.00 Chris
2 Weeks AI Fun Royale BFC
2_Yamaha Acoustic Guitars $400.00 Roger
Sony Digital camera $300.00 Roger
2, 1 Week A.I. Gran Ventana Olive
1- Week A.I. Majestic Colonial Gregg
Dinner 4 two Blue Bird Caf? $150.00 Roger

Coral Marien Resort (Globalia) Gregg working on these.
Luzcace Pottery "
Pocoloco Web Designs "
Rocky's Rock and Blues Bar "
Sosua By The Sea Boutique Hotel "
Quixote's Restaurant Done "
Britannia Pub "
Caribbean Ocean Adventures "
Sunquest "
Transat Holidays "
Go Travel Direct "
Signature Vacations "
Fun City Go Karts "
Sam's Bar "
Whale Samana / Victoria Marine "
Playa Dorada Golf "

2- Spring sun matt's 1-red 1-blue $19.95 ea. Olive
2-golf shirts & vented shoe bag $19.95 Olive
Ont. Inn Keepers register $21.95 Chris
What a seat back support $36.95 Chris

The following are donated by Cindy (cin)

2 Atlantic Lotto Patio Umbrella's (Huge)

5 Budweiser and 66 blue colored Lanyards. You hang them around your neck and it has a clasp at the end. Maybe use them for name tags or something along the lines of that????

1 Molson Canadian Cooler Bag

13 packs of wooden Alexander Keith's coasters. (2 in a pack)

I have 85 Labatt Light T-Shirts individually wrapped in plastic. I don't know if you need that many... so you can let me know of the amount of them to send

10 Mini Scan Budweiser Radio's

3 Molson Canadian 3/4 length Sleeve Shirts. Blue and White in color and size Large for all 3.

2 Molson Canadian Fog Devils 3/4 Length shirts (Hockey team)
1 Red in Large and 1 Grey and White in large.

1XL Budweiser T-Shirt

4 Alexander Keith's Toque's (sp)

1 Coors Light Baseball Hat

1 XL Red Coors Light T-Shirt.

1 Henken Trocken plastic tray.
2 Frisbees
1 BBQ apron from Jungle Jim's.

Dinner for 2 @ Quixotes.
Cargo Organizer $19.97
Isaira Tours "A day with Martin Espinal"

Rocky's Bar in Sosua donates:

1) Certificate #1 for two Rib Platters and two beverages of customer's choice

2) Certificate #2 for two Rib Platters and two beverages of customer's choice

3) $20US cash (Gregg to donate the $20US in the name of Rocky's Bar he was to give Marco for Tom's Bar Fund)
Rocky's Bar in Sosua donates:

1) Certificate #1 for two Rib Platters and two beverages of customer's choice

2) Certificate #2 for two Rib Platters and two beverages of customer's choice

3) $20US cash

Luzcace Pottery in Puerto Plata donates:

Several pottery items to be picked up by Gregg in Early May

Ocean World is donating 4 great prizes this year:
Admission for:

1) 2 people Sea Lion Encounter

2) 2 people Dolphin Encounter

3) 2 people Park Admission

4) 2 people Bravissimo show

The Sea Lion and Dolphin encounters includes the Park Admission!

Thanks to all of you who have contrubuted so much. It's all for the "KIDS"

Capatin2002

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
captain2002, is this the list for the silent auction?

Do we send fireguy (gregg) a cheque for the Fiesta tickets?

Thanks

captain2002

Mar 30, 2006
www.beyondthebeach.ca
Sorry anna, this is the list of silent auction and door prize items. ( and growing too)

For those who are attending the $25.00 per person has to be sent to Gregg in advance. We have to be sure that the costs are covered.
We are putting together the menu daily, there are a few of us who can REALLY cook---yes I am one of them LOL, and my wife is the best baker in the world. hifiman's wife and friends are making dinner along with those who want to comtribute. It will be the best pot luck ever. One of my dishes will be authentic DR.

We have been working on getting a DR artist to perform there, her name is Karmen and her voice is out of this world. We met her in Punta Cana in 2005. Here is a sample. CD Baby: KARMEN-V: De Sangre Latina

We and others have written the embassy hoping to have there visa's approved.

Captain2002

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Come on DR1 dinner people, let me see who I can remember?
Audra
Margaret
Malibook
Tarrintino and Bradley
Wendy S
DR Sherrie
Janni
Shad.
Gonzaga
Amy.

OK, that's enough for now. Come on sign up and have a great time, remember it's all for the "KIDS" of the DR.

Chris Willott
Director, Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation.
Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation

Don't forget

Shadintoronto
LaBarbie

Also some of the dishes will be catered by one of the finest restaurants right here in Orangeville (The Blue Bird Cafe)
The owner Rick does not post but he has raised a lot of money for people in the DR and is a frequent visitor to the Cabrera area.
hifiman

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I don't think Anna got her answer, and I was also wondering, where do we send our $25.00?

Thanks

Audra

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Count me in!

Come on DR1 dinner people, let me see who I can remember?
Audra
Margaret
Malibook
Tarrintino and Bradley
Wendy S
DR Sherrie
Janni
Shad.
Gonzaga
Amy.

OK, that's enough for now. Come on sign up and have a great time, remember it's all for the "KIDS" of the DR.

Chris Willott
Director, Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation.

Thanks for thinking of me :) Yes, I'll be there!

On a separate but related topic, I have this wheelchair in my garage. Less than 4 years old, good quality. (Adult, electric charge to the wheels making it easy to push, folds.) Is there anyway of getting it to the DR? I don't know when I'll make it there. If not, I'll just donate it here in Canada. Surely the airlines would accomodate a wheelchair...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
For those who are attending the $25.00 per person has to be sent to Gregg in advance. We have to be sure that the costs are covered.

Captain2002

So we get Gregg's address when he gets back from his trip to the DR then? I think I saw it somewhere can't remember where though.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
His address is on the Beyond the Beach website.

dot

Jun 19, 2005
www.beyondthebeach.ca
As everyone can see, this Fiesta to raise funds for the children of the Dominican Republic is really coming together. A LOT of work has and is still being done!

Some of these items will be available for bids on our on-line auction while others will be at the Fiesta for bidding and some will be door prizes/giveaways.....

Also, many of these items have been donated by individuals (I received some via UPS 3 boxes from Newfoundland).... if you are interested in donating an item, contact one of the Directors and we will see what can be done....

We also have vouchers for sale! They are only $10 each - the prize is All-inclusive 1 week for 2 people at the beautiful 5 star Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana - also includes up to $1,500 for air fare!

Anything you can do would be so appreciated and your help goes a long way!

Check out our website for more information or, PM any of the Directors - we would LOVE to hear from you!!!

Olive Thompson, President
Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation

PS - Gregg's mailing address is on the front page of our website... another excellent way to pay is via internet money transfer to Gregg.... I've sold vouchers that way!

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I have been telling everyone about the Fiesta in Orangeville. I have plans on coming and I think Bradley wants to attend as well. I have invited some young people who like to dance a lot, but it remains to be seen if they actully make it. BUT me yes, I will be there for sure.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Talvez......

Hey, I wonder when are you guys going to have a "Miguel Items Auction Fiesta"?. LOL.

Let me know and I will send MOOOOORE goodies!!!.