Isaira Tours Apartment in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
just wondering if anyone has stayed here or knows anything about them as far as location, what they are like, etc. Thank you.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Many of us on this board know Martin Espinall, the owner of Isaira Tours, ....... what's this about him having apartments in Sosua?? Has he maybe done a deal with a property owner/landlord in Sosua to market their apartments under his name? I wouldn't have thought Martin had much desire to go that route for himself.

Can you give us any more information on the apartments in question? Location, where you saw them advertised, contact name etc?? ~ Grahame.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Martin has been building a small apartment building in Sosua for several years as he could afford it and it's almost finished (at least it was in December when I was last there with my wife Giselle and another couple).

It is just off of Pedro Clisante, a stone's throw from Hotel El Colibri. The building is three stories tall with four one bedroom apartments per floor for a total of twelve units. Each apartment has a bedroom with A/C (not yet installed in December), a separate bathroom, a small kitchen and a sitting room/living room in the front. On the roof will be a small garden type area with lounges for sun bathing and laundry facilities (if I recall correctly). It is not Martin's intent for this building to be guest friendly and he has already turned down some "permanent renters" who want "temporary use" of the rooms for their "friends".

AFAIK they are not opened yet but that may or may not be true as I won't know for sure until I see them again in early May.

Gregg

BettyB2

Mar 9, 2006
We spent three days with Martin on our recent trip to the DR and on our way back to the airport on the final day he told our group about his apartments for when we come back to the DR.

Many of us want to come back but no AI this time. We did not stop to see them, but I know there are pictures posted of them "somehwere" on the web (cant rememebr where I saw them)

They are a 10 minute walk to the beach and not far of a walk to the town (from what he told us)

They are $300 a week for 2-4 people in one apartment and he also said (I think) $800 for a month. 3 people took his business card for future reference.

If you emailed his company and asked, Martin would probably give you a reply

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
3z8x75z.jpg

looks nice from the outside..not guest friendly ? :eek:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
looks nice from the outside..not guest friendly ? :eek:

It's nice on the inside too.

As far as guests, that was my understanding in a discussion with Martin in December. He is a family man and wants a place where couples or singles will be willing to return time and time again and his wife can work as the manager. There are enough "guest friendly" places in Sosua and I applaud Martin for seeing that Sosua can be much more than a "monger" destination. There is a place for that but this is not it.

This is my understanding.

Gregg

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i understand but as you know a lot of tourists have gf's in the DR. so they come by and visit their bf's which i would consider ok.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
i understand but as you know a lot of tourists have gf's in the DR. so they come by and visit their bf's which i would consider ok.

This is only my understanding, when I know more for sure, I'll post it here. Not every accommodation is for every tourist; the owner has to set his policies for the demographic market to which he is planning to sell. Those who don't belong to that demographic will have to find other accommodations. It has always been thus.

Gregg

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i sent a few pm's out before i remembered this thread. are the apartments open now ??

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
They are open for business. As for guest friendly, someone with A girlfriend or boyfriend is not a problem. Having a different person every night or every couple nights is a problem. It isn't that kind of place.

Lauraspin stayed here with his girlfriend and quite enjoyed the apartment. I've stayed there as well.

They are nicely laid out, a/c, TV with cable, quiet location, 10 minutes to the beach, restaurants etc nearby.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
one of my friends is coming down next week meeting his gf. they need a place to stay where she won't get "the look" as she comes and goes from Montellano to sosua. i'll let him know about this place...

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The price is the same for the a/c. He has installed a/c in half the units and will do the rest shortly. Just ask for a unit with a/c.

As far as I know they were in process with the wifi installation. I will find out if it is done yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.