Ayuntamiento and Ley 3455

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
On researching for Ley 3455, De Organizacion Municipal (Law of the Ayuntamientos), on the net I came across this page published by the PARTICIPACION CIUDADANA. The first 16 pages deal with Ley 3455 with the publication of some aspects of it.

They list the 63 sub-articles of Article 31. I have Ley 3455 here at my desk and I have studied it. It contains some interesting items in it and I wish to direct your attention to sub-articles of Article 31; 1, 11, 19, 23, 39, 47, 48, 49, 51 and 63 which are listed in the link. All of the sub-articles are interesting but those that I listed just happened to jump out at me.

Some of the other Articles that are in the law but aren?t in the link are;

?Art. 10 - No pueden ser miembros de un mismo ayuntamiento individuos que sean entre s? parientes o afines en l?nea directa en cualquier grado, o hermanos, o t?o y sobrino, cu?ados, o esposos. En caso de que fueren elegidos o nombrados individuos unidos entre s? por alguno de estos v?nculos de parentesco o de afinidad, el caso ser? referido al Presidente de la Rep?blica, quien decidir? cu?l de ellos debe conservar el cargo.?

?Art. 13. - El cargo de Regidor es honor?fico y gratuito.?
?P?rrafo. - El S?ndico gozar? del sueldo que le sea fijado en el presupuesto anual de gasto del municipio.?

?Art. 23. - Los miembros de los ayuntamientos son responsables por mala conducta o falta en el ejercicio de sus funciones, y como tales est?n sujetos a ser acusados y juzgados en conformidad con la Constituci?n, independiente de las responsabilidades penales en que incurran por infracci?n a las leyes.?
?P?rrafo. - Cualquier habitante del municipio puede elevar sus quejas directamente a la jurisdicci?n competente.?

?Art. 26. - Cada ayuntamiento reglamentar? todo lo relativo a su organizaci?n interior y a la del personal, las oficinas y los servicios que de ?l dependan, en cuanto no ?ste previsto por la ley.?

?Art. 27. - Todos las oficinas, los libros y documentos municipales son p?blicos. En consecuencia, cualquiera puede hacerse expedir copias y certificaciones, mediante el pago de los impuestos, derechos y honorarios legalmente establecidos.?

?Art. 28. - Los acuerdos, ordenanzas, resoluciones y reglamentos dictados por los ayuntamientos deber?n ser publicados en un diario de la cabecera del municipio, si lo hubiere, y en caso contrario en un diario de circulaci?n nacional de Ciudad Trujillo; y se reputar?n conocidos y ser?n obligatorios al d?a siguiente de la publicaci?n, salvo que en ello se se?alare otro plazo.
?P?rrafo I. - Se publicar?n adem?s en el bolet?n de la corporaci?n, si lo hubiere.?
?P?rrafo II. - Corresponde al S?ndico del Ayuntamiento disponer la publicaci?n.?

Hope this helps those that may have an interest in how the Ayuntamientos work and are supposed to work.

Rick

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
On researching for Ley 3455, De Organizacion Municipal (Law of the Ayuntamientos), on the net I came across this page published by the PARTICIPACION CIUDADANA. The first 16 pages deal with Ley 3455 with the publication of some aspects of it.

They list the 63 sub-articles of Article 31. I have Ley 3455 here at my desk and I have studied it. It contains some interesting items in it and I wish to direct your attention to sub-articles of Article 31; 1, 11, 19, 23, 39, 47, 48, 49, 51 and 63 which are listed in the link. All of the sub-articles are interesting but those that I listed just happened to jump out at me.

Some of the other Articles that are in the law but aren?t in the link are;

?Art. 10 - No pueden ser miembros de un mismo ayuntamiento individuos que sean entre s? parientes o afines en l?nea directa en cualquier grado, o hermanos, o t?o y sobrino, cu?ados, o esposos. En caso de que fueren elegidos o nombrados individuos unidos entre s? por alguno de estos v?nculos de parentesco o de afinidad, el caso ser? referido al Presidente de la Rep?blica, quien decidir? cu?l de ellos debe conservar el cargo.?

?Art. 13. - El cargo de Regidor es honor?fico y gratuito.?
?P?rrafo. - El S?ndico gozar? del sueldo que le sea fijado en el presupuesto anual de gasto del municipio.?

?Art. 23. - Los miembros de los ayuntamientos son responsables por mala conducta o falta en el ejercicio de sus funciones, y como tales est?n sujetos a ser acusados y juzgados en conformidad con la Constituci?n, independiente de las responsabilidades penales en que incurran por infracci?n a las leyes.?
?P?rrafo. - Cualquier habitante del municipio puede elevar sus quejas directamente a la jurisdicci?n competente.?

?Art. 26. - Cada ayuntamiento reglamentar? todo lo relativo a su organizaci?n interior y a la del personal, las oficinas y los servicios que de ?l dependan, en cuanto no ?ste previsto por la ley.?

?Art. 27. - Todos las oficinas, los libros y documentos municipales son p?blicos. En consecuencia, cualquiera puede hacerse expedir copias y certificaciones, mediante el pago de los impuestos, derechos y honorarios legalmente establecidos.?

?Art. 28. - Los acuerdos, ordenanzas, resoluciones y reglamentos dictados por los ayuntamientos deber?n ser publicados en un diario de la cabecera del municipio, si lo hubiere, y en caso contrario en un diario de circulaci?n nacional de Ciudad Trujillo; y se reputar?n conocidos y ser?n obligatorios al d?a siguiente de la publicaci?n, salvo que en ello se se?alare otro plazo.
?P?rrafo I. - Se publicar?n adem?s en el bolet?n de la corporaci?n, si lo hubiere.?
?P?rrafo II. - Corresponde al S?ndico del Ayuntamiento disponer la publicaci?n.?

Hope this helps those that may have an interest in how the Ayuntamientos work and are supposed to work.

Rick

OK Rick, could you please translate the above for us that don't understand Spanish as written??

Texas Bill

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
OK, Sorry.

Art. 13, - The position of Regidor is honorary and gratuitous.

Paragraph. - the Sindico will enjoy the pay that is fixed to him by the annual budget of cost of the municipality.

Art. 23.
Paragraph. - Any inhabitant of the municipality can directly elevate his complaints to the competent jurisdiction.

Art. 26, - Each Ayundamirnto will regulate all within its inner organization and its personnel, offices and the services that on him depend, and not against the law.

Art. 27, - All the offices, the municipal books and documents are public. Consequently, anyone can have copies and certifications made, by means of the payment of the taxes, legally established rights and honoraria.

Art. 28, - The agreements, decrees, resolutions and regulations dictated by the city councils will have to be published in a newspaper of the head of the municipality, if there will be it, and in opposite case in a newspaper of national circulation of Ciudad de Trujillo (Santo Domingo); and they will be reputed well-known and they been obligatory the day after the publication, unless in it another term will be indicated.

Paragraph I. - they will be published in addition in the bulletin to corporaci?m, if there will be it.

Paragraph II. - It corresponds to the Sindico of the City council to arrange the publication.

Forgot Art. 10. - Art. 10 - They cannot be individual members of a same city council that are to each other compatible relatives or in line direct in any degree, or brothers, or tio and nephew, brothers-in-law, or spouses. In case that they will be chosen or named individual united to each other by some of these bonds of kinship or affinity, the case will be referred the President of the Republic, that will decide which of them must conserve the position.

Hope this helps

Rick

Last edited:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Art. 13, - The position of Regidor is honorary and gratuitous.

Paragraph. - the Sindico will enjoy the pay that is fixed to him by the annual budget of cost of the municipality.

Art. 23.
Paragraph. - Any inhabitant of the municipality can directly elevate his complaints to the competent jurisdiction.

Art. 26, - Each Ayundamirnto will regulate all within its inner organization and its personnel, offices and the services that on him depend, and not against the law.

Art. 27, - All the offices, the municipal books and documents are public. Consequently, anyone can have copies and certifications made, by means of the payment of the taxes, legally established rights and honoraria.

Art. 28, - The agreements, decrees, resolutions and regulations dictated by the city councils will have to be published in a newspaper of the head of the municipality, if there will be it, and in opposite case in a newspaper of national circulation of Ciudad de Trujillo (Santo Domingo); and they will be reputed well-known and they been obligatory the day after the publication, unless in it another term will be indicated.

Paragraph I. - they will be published in addition in the bulletin to corporaci?m, if there will be it.

Paragraph II. - It corresponds to the Sindico of the City council to arrange the publication.

Thanks, Rick...

It appears that they aren't following the law, afterall, doesn't it???

Texas Bill

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Depends on which Ayundamiento we are talking about. The one in Higuey as an example seems to follow most of the rules as to publishing their monthly expenses whereas here in El Seybo you can't see it so you have no idea where the money goes each month either in or out.

Regidors have always been a position of no pay. This was a system established by President Balaguer back in the 60's and applied to a number of position such as firefighters, police in the country side, campo (Alcaldes), and a number of other positions. It was determined that the prestige associated with these positions of responsibility would offset the need of paying a salary. This practice is still followed today and there are 'police' in the PN that hold a title as policeman but in reality draw no pay from the authorities. Their appointment is a means of showing force without having to pay and the 'prestige', (ability to acquire bribes??), serves as a means of income in conjunction of having to serve the state.

Within the 112 Ayundamientos in the DR there is always the possibility that there are Regidors that don't draw any money from any source and in fact follow the law but you would be in a tough position, I think, to find them.

Rick