Passport question

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
Just heard this the other day and wasn't quite sure if it was true. I have been told that now if as an eg a Dominican living in Canada with a PR card travels to the DR and does not have a Canadian Passport will not be allowed to return to Canada??? Is this true because it sounds kind of bizarre!!!! Any info would be great. GRACIAS!

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
I don't know for sure, but i can't see that being true. It makes no sense!!! That would mean that all the Domincans in Canada wouldn't be able to go back and visit for at least 3 years. Doesn't seem right. I'm sure it's not true.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
A Dominican living in Cda can not get a Canadian Passport, until they are a Citizenship, which, they can apply after 3 years.

I have had friends who are Dominicans living in Cda, go back to the DR for visits, and have had no problem getting back into Cda. All they did was show the PR card, swiped it, and the Immigration Officer, welcomed them back "home".

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
He'll have no problem leaving Canada for the DR, but Dominican Immigration will not let him on the aircraft to leave without the PR Card because as soon as he landed in Canada his visa to come to Canada was cancelled.We went through this with my mother-in-law last summer. Fortunately she had an American Visa so we just said she was flying to Miami to visit family, then once in Miami AA let on the flight to fly back to Canada. If he has been in Canada for 3 years without leaving (1094 days is required, I believe) he would be better off apply for Canadian Citizenship, then a Canadian Passport.

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
> hola,..my fiancee who DOMINICAN and still lives there!.she had son with expartner who DOMINICAN also.my question be over father taking son out of DOMINICAN? to MALAGA SPAIN as father now resident of this country,he has copy of birth certificate and passport,i like confirmation as to father needing mothers consent for sons travel....gracias.HELP FROM ANYONE MUCH APPRECIATED....