Advice for buying a condo on the north cost?

sthompsen

Feb 25, 2007
Like a lot of North Americans, I see the DR as an opportunity to own a piece of paradise... and place my bet that values are going to continue to increase over the next few years as more baby boomers discover the market.

I am in the process of buying a condo on the north cost - primarily as a vacation home and to rent to friends and family. Anything that I should be aware of besides making sure the title is clear and the management company is stable? I appreciate feedback from expats and investors. I hope to one day be an expat down there myself, but for now I still have to make a living in NYC.

Also, can anyone recomend a good real estate attorney in the POP area. I have spoken to 2 and am not that impressed.

Thanks! :)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The most DILIGENT lawyer in POP for property sales made in the Sosua area is (in my opinion) Dra. Argentina Brugal. As posting of web addresses & Tel. No's contrary to the main lawyer responding to legal questions & advertising on this board is frowned upon, send me an e-mail or PM & I'll send both to you. ~ Grahame.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
North Coast attorney

Guido Perdomo at Century 21 in Sosua is highly recommended

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Sorry Folks, I thought the OP asked for the POP area - everyone mentioned so far appears to be in the SOSUA area!

How is it that you North Americans normally respond ........ My Bad!! ~ Grahame.