Machismo and development

Is machismo good for development in the DR?

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Is machismo good for development in the DR?

A) Yes
B) No
C) Not sure

-NALs

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
What an outrageous question...you must be bored.

Why not ask:

1) Is inequality good for societal advancement?
2) Should slavery be reinstituted?
3) Isn't it great to neglect and abuse 50% of your population?

In my limited experience in the DR, I have found the women to be much more progressive and enlightened than the perpetually immature and maternally dependent men.

Scandall

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
In my limited experience in the DR, I have found the women to be much more progressive and enlightened than the perpetually immature and maternally dependent men.

Scandall

University enrollments show that very well..

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
the following question just banged by head:

There're more women than man in the world and even most contry (the United State among them ..heck, more women than man vote ..the difference is about 10 million more women going to the polls here in the U.S.), ...so should man as a group be considered the TRUE minority and not the other way around? ::smile::

Last edited:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com

There're more women than man in the world and even most contry (the United State among them ..heck, more women than man vote ..the difference is about 10 million more women going to the polls here in the U.S.), ...so should man as a group be considered the TRUE minority and not the other way around? ::smile::[/QUOTE/]

Si, By Golly!!!!

And to answer the poll question.

NO!! Machismo stands in the way of basic honesty and integrity. Men MUST realize that they are NOT always RIGHT and INFALLABLE.

However, in order to become a TRUE "TIGRE" you must have an overabundance of MACHISMO!

Texas Bill

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

There're more women than man in the world and even most contry (the United State among them ..heck, more women than man vote ..the difference is about 10 million more women going to the polls here in the U.S.), ...so should man as a group be considered the TRUE minority and not the other way around? ::smile::

Minority: A group having little power or representation relative to other groups within a society.
Click here for source

What good is being more numerous if you don't have control, power, or influence? What good is being a numerical majority when you have to ask for permission from a strong numerical minority? Why call a numerical majority such when they are not in control?

Defining someone as minority is not solely on the basis of numbers. It's always on the basis of power. The assumption that higher numbers equals more power does not always holds true and for that reason women are considered minorities, despite outnumbering men.

Historically, women outnumber men but they (to put it bluntly) had to always ask for permission from the very same men they numerically outnumbered.

-NALs

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Minority: A group having little power or representation relative to other groups within a society.
Click here for source

What good is being more numerous if you don't have control, power, or influence? What good is being a numerical majority when you have to ask for permission from a strong numerical minority? Why call a numerical majority such when they are not in control?

Defining someone as minority is not solely on the basis of numbers. It's always on the basis of power. The assumption that higher numbers equals more power does not always holds true and for that reason women are considered minorities, despite outnumbering men.

Historically, women outnumber men but they (to put it bluntly) had to always ask for permission from the very same men they numerically outnumbered.

-NALs

Such as the majority of the (Dominican and other) populations with relation to the political parties and others in the government?
Nals, you have just described (Dominican and other) Societies for the past 5500 years, more or less.

Care to elaborate further???

Texas Bill

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Such as the majority of the (Dominican and other) populations with relation to the political parties and others in the government?
Nals, you have just described (Dominican and other) Societies for the past 5500 years, more or less.

Care to elaborate further???

Texas Bill
Not in this thread since the topic here is about machismo and whether or not people think machismo is good or bad for development.

But, if you want to debate the sub-topic of majority/minority relations, then by all means start a thread in the debates forum and I'll follow you there.

-NALs

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Not in this thread since the topic here is about machismo and whether or not people think machismo is good or bad for development.

But, if you want to debate the sub-topic of majority/minority relations, then by all means start a thread in the debates forum and I'll follow you there.

-NALs

Not right now, old buddy.
I'm in the middle of computing my annual contribution to the Infernal Retribution Society and have mi mind full of vitriolic statements for them. Don't want that to leak over to any debate with
anyone...

Later, however ?????

Texas Bill