recent photos, a little different

Sep 19, 2005
since it really isnt a trip report..Ill post it here.

here are some photos I took that dont have my Gf or my face in them...the country side and places that looked worthy of a photos, hope you enjoy

It looked at first like most of these chicken were dead...but they really were sleeping
4g6mb6b.jpg

a nice shot of a house near my Gf's

312ijc5.jpg

I never would have thought they would grow upside down!!!! ha ha ha but sure enough they do!!
4ckvm6q.jpg

apparently this is how they start out...from a different tree close by
42jbber.jpg

I love this photos.....makes you think about its history...this rickety old fence gate

2dhim40.jpg

the work never ends for the farmer......putting the roof on so they can dry more tobacco

4hv7q0y.jpg

drying the tobacco...smal time operations.....
47kh84g.jpg

another thatched roof for drying..this one finnished luckily

2dv5wg2.jpg

Getting the word out ........the old fashioned way

4g80uhs.jpg

different day..maybe a different reason......turmoil for the masses...left over evidence the people werent happy

34y9o4p.jpg

bob

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
yes they are in Moca...but not near downtown...they are very close to the Li Cey Al media border

here is a photo leaving Moca on route 14 heading towards Li Cey al Media

sorry, but I was struck by the amount of garbage..it appears they are using this section as a dunmp...because it stunk to high heaven...and possibly they will cover it when they widen the road....why else would they throw garbage right on the main road??

2s6wwlg.jpg

another shot down a little further
2ljjnur.jpg

anyone else care to guess why they use this section for garbage dumping here?

here is a phot of moca from the air before we turned north ......tis is mostly land slightly north of the city proper

3326rte.jpg

here is a shot a little earlier...of Moca north west of the city proper......after the plane left STI

which 99 % of the time it takes off towards Moca....then turns 90 degrees and heads north

30bgu1k.jpg

bob

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2004
Thanks Bob for the pics they bring back alot of memories especially the first pic. BTW did they ever fix that hole in the middle of the road. Because last time i was over they were fixing it but then I heard they stopped.

Sep 19, 2005
oh yeah it took more than a year...but all of the sudden maybe 3 months ago, they put a lot of work into it....they filled it to within a foot or so of the road height,and it is at least 30 wide feet off the side of the road .......thats a lot of fill!!!!

the problem is the new road surface for the rest of that road is back to being pothole ridden again.......well it was last month..even though they did some cheap dirt re fills in the biggest holes. You know that never lasts.

they had a few motor cycle deaths through that area in the last few months. Maybe thats why the new fill ins

bob

Mephs

Sep 11, 2003
Was that picture of the garbage dump pretty recent? It must be much more closer to Licey than to Moca... maybe they were piling it up to light it on fire.