Punta Perla

jzkbbi

Mar 1, 2007
I would suspect the kind of health that would keep the risk of investing in Punta Perla as low as possible. So that would be financial health. If someone gives them a hundred thousand dollars or so on a preconstruction unit, will they still be there to finish the development?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
The individual investors pay only 30% of the total purchase price and the rest when they get the title and take posession of their property.
As far as I know most of the land they are building on is totally paid for.
So, if the developers don't get the rest of the money, they wouldn't make anything.
Looks healthy to me.

BTW: The same kind of questions were made about CAP CANA, now one of the biggest and most successful real estate projects in the Caribbean, although three years behind schedule.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Isn't that the development where there was the suggestion that money out of the Spanish Operacion Malaya (Marbella scandal) was being laundered via property purchases? Or have I mixed it up with somewhere else?

jzkbbi

Mar 1, 2007
The individual investors pay only 30% of the total purchase price and the rest when they get the title and take posession of their property.
As far as I know most of the land they are building on is totally paid for.
So, if the developers don't get the rest of the money, they wouldn't make anything.
Looks healthy to me.

BTW: The same kind of questions were made about CAP CANA, now one of the biggest and most successful real estate projects in the Caribbean, although three years behind schedule.

I have toured Cap Cana, and if Punta Perla can make it, they sure do have an edge over Cap Cana. I think the Punta Perla Marina is better than Cap Cana's.

jzkbbi

Mar 1, 2007
Isn't that the development where there was the suggestion that money out of the Spanish Operacion Malaya (Marbella scandal) was being laundered via property purchases? Or have I mixed it up with somewhere else?

I heard that on this forum. Is that the kind of rumor that happens any time there is a big land deal? Or is there legitimate concern about Punta Perla?

jzkbbi

Mar 1, 2007

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Last edited:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002

I think you did connect it to the Malaga scandal! Read your own post!
Answer to your first question: Yes, I am!

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think you did connect it to the Malaga scandal! Read your own post!
Answer to your first question: Yes, I am!

Don't want to be picky but I asked a question. Followed by a second question which makes it clear that the first question was indeed a question and not a statement. ;)

OK so you're the person in the know. So tell us the nitty gritty. :)

jzkbbi

Mar 1, 2007
Ok, well then let me ask a more specific question. With Cap Cana sustaining its current property levels, wouldn't Punta Perla be a slam dunk to an investor? How can property values in Punta Perla not double by the time they are completed?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I agree with the OP, with 30% downpayment, waiting a couple of years until prices almost double (as they did in CAP CANA), you can make a nice profit!

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Don't want to be picky but I asked a question. Followed by a second question which makes it clear that the first question was indeed a question and not a statement. ;)

OK so you're the person in the know. So tell us the nitty gritty. :)

There is nothing especially nitty gritty, just the same inconveniences every big development goes through here as for example licensing, permitting, applications for tax exemptions and much more...