accomodation availability Las Galeras

eleni1004

Feb 7, 2007
Hi everybody, is there more accomodation in Las Galeras than mentioned in the LP guide or on samana.net? We are looking for something where we can just walk in and I guess this is easier in places that are not mentioned in guide-books...But if there are not more, we probably have to make a reservation in one of the mentioned ones. Thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Send a PM to AndyB here on DR1. he has a place calle el Marinique...quite comfortable...see if he has any space...

HB

eleni1004

Feb 7, 2007
hm

Hillbilly, that?s exactly what we don?t want: make serious plans. Tell them when we will arrive, how long we want to stay... I mean, that?s why we are not booking all-inclusive hotels. But, maybe, Dominican Republic is not the place for independent travelers....

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I don't know where you are coming from but Las Galeras is far! I wouldn't want to drive/take the bus to get there and find out that there is no room!!! Las Galeras is a sleepy little town. I really enjoyed myself there. If you are looking for a $20 a night room I don't know if you are going to find it there.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
I think what Hillbilly is trying to tell you is that 3 hotels in Las Galeras have closed and space is at a premimum. With almost 50% less rooms, it's better to make a reservation than taking the chance of walking in and not finding space. Of course you can always come to Las Galeras and if you don't find a place to stay because we're all full, you can go back to Samana and find a room.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Hi everybody, is there more accomodation in Las Galeras than mentioned in the LP guide or on samana.net? We are looking for something where we can just walk in and I guess this is easier in places that are not mentioned in guide-books...But if there are not more, we probably have to make a reservation in one of the mentioned ones. Thanks!

Something in Las Galeras to just walk in, and not mention to much anywere?

Try Guariquen, here: Guariqu?n: proyectos de desarrollo en Las Galeras, Saman? (Rep?blica Dominicana)

MaineGirl stay there in 2006, see:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/51809-mg-miss-thing-nine-days-june.html

WebDev

gfractal1

May 9, 2003
we stayed in villa serena when we went the first time. it was nice but overpriced. they did have quite a few rooms though.