decent priced hotel (non-A.I.) for 1 night in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudrover

Feb 25, 2007
Hello all, Could anyone recomend a decent priced non-A.I. hotel i could stay at for one night in Sosua....as i will be in POP on Mar7th...then leaving the morning of the 8th to go (by bus) to Santo Dom. Does not have to be "chica-friendly"...as i am meeting my girlfriend in Santo Dom. later that day (Mar.8th). Thanks.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
don antonio...

don antonio.....great people and friendly staff.....nothing fancy but good hot water and clean...plenty of towels ...decent food in their garden like pool bar area...also a good location and guest friendly if you feel like cheating on your novia!

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006

mudrover

Feb 25, 2007
Thanks vince1965.....and pmey27 for the info. "chica-friendly" is a good thing.....i have been known to change my mind...once in a while!

Cheers!

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Mudrover.....

Just proves you are human......if you are out n about when it gets dark in Sosua.....you WILL have a new Novia for that evening...remember ...."what happens in Sosua stays in Sosua!"

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
hotel europa

Europa is a zoo during the Easter weekend....all the Santiago people come in...they are pretty friendly and Diego puts up with the 8 people in the room and beer bottles left out by the pool n the noise because of the $$$$...you will not get much sleep so grab a chica n drink n play!!!! But introduce yourself in Spanish even if it is broken like mine and they will accept you and you guys will laugh and enjoy life for a few hours! Imagine if more people around this world that live thousands of miles apart and speak different languages would accept people like us into their country!

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
The Europa is your best bet it has a safe box in your room so you don't have to sleep with one eye open. Stayed at Don Antonio I got robbed my first night there, whent to the Europa much safer place to stay. Better rooms and less noise. Rocky's is a good safe place to stay too. Being safe is what you want to have a good time in Sosua.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
DAMN surgup69

I never got robbed at the don antonio but it is an ok place if you can take the loud motoconco noise and screaming that goes on in the streets below...as far as the pool goes I would not venture there as some one or some animal took a dump in it and no one cleaned it up for 3 days....that thing was a big floater! The guy who did it probably had the large order of ribs at Rocky's~

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Nah

no...don andres is much nicer! don antonio just has half the hotel open cause of flooding and general neglect...just a cheap place to flop ...just get up early to take your shower or it will be ice cold I guess there is a small water tank...when I complained to the front desk they just smiled! don andres is a class act ...a great place to stay!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Don Antonio is maybe 1/2 a step up from a Crack House!
Stick with Europa, New Garden, or Casa Cayena.

tambo'

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Crack house?

Tambo...is the crack house towards Hermmans in the alley where those apts are that a few putas stay?

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Delfin

I have stayed at the Delfin and the salon girl down stairs that cuts hair gives a great massage with a few special xtras added ! I always visit her! She will come to your room while another girl covers for her.

kram99

Mar 3, 2007
Do yourself a favor, take a cab or public car and go to Caberete, stay at El Magnifico.

Status
Not open for further replies.