Laundromats in Santo Domingo????

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
I know this seems to be a rather odd question. But where are the laundromats in this town? I know there are dry cleaning services, but they want to charge me the same rate to wash an item as they do to dry clean it $70RD per item. Surely there must be a laundromat around. I?m in El Million, Nu?ez y 27, if anyone could help out it would be great. I?m in desperate need of clean clothes! My apartment has been without water for 2 weeks. Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
I know of only two in Santo Domingo. Laundromats are not big money makers here since everybody and their mother has a washer machine. Maybe not modern ones, but they get the job done. The one I used to go to is in the Zona Colonial on Arzobispo Portes, just about three buildings from the corner of Palo Hincado. If you can't find this just ask someone where the "Puerta de la Misericordia" is since it's right next to it. This laundromat is very small: there are only three washer machines available and one large dryer.

The other laundromat (much bigger than the first) is just off of Ave. Churchill on Jose Contreras. The best way to explain getting there would be - if you're traveling south on Churchill from Ave. 27 you would make a right on Jose Conteras. The street is located a block from the entrance of the Mirador del Sur Park and you will see a large restaurant/comedor on the corner. I believe there's a bank on the other corner as well. Once you make a right, about two blocks down on the left hand side of the street is a laundromat. This one is much larger with some 10 washer machines and dryers to match. Hope this helps.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks TJ, I will definately check that out. As for throwing pesos at my neighbours, well first off the whole neighbourhood is without water, so that kinda makes it impossible. Secondly the lady I live with offers to clean, but to economize on water she will rinse the cloths herself, and doesnt do a very good job to be honest, leaves all kinds of soap stains and stuff, I would just rather take all my cloths and get it done in one shot. Again thanks for the advice.

jatspt

Jun 5, 2008
Could someone tell me if the above information is still correct?

We are in Sto Dom in June 2008 and are looking for loundromat.

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
Arzobispo Portes....

Thats where I go.

I drop off at 10am, and its ready at around 4pm.

Im not sure but I beleive $6us for two loads ( wash, dry, fold ) included.

jatspt

Jun 5, 2008
Update -Laundromat June 2008

I went there this morning -June 9, 2008. And they have two washing machines and one big dryer. Wash is 80 pesos per load and dry is 90 pesos per load. But I am not sure how much it is in US dollars. My wife wants to wash clothes herself, about but I do not know if they let you use their washers.

Anyone know if we can wash our own clothes and wait there?

newViews

Feb 14, 2017
So I've been looking for laundry service.. and wondering if the prices I'm given are true. The trend I'm realizing after being here for two weeks, price lists/menus are no so common. So I'm always suspicious of prices I'm given.

I pay about 110RD per lb but based on some of the info in this thread it seems fair.

newViews

Feb 14, 2017
Well, I need a new lead on a decent Laundry place in Zona Universitaria if anyone knows of one.

I thought I found a place, of course no prices listed anyway, the guy told me 110rd per lb. Sounds fair I thought but I went back today and some how a small load with wash and dry it turns was going to cost me 700rd.

I tried explaining I only wanted a wash/dry and surely that can't cost 700rd but couldn't get anywhere because my Spanish is horrendous, can barely speak and forget about listening comprehension...