Orange Question

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I tried calling a friend last night. She has an Orange phone--or I guess she used to and I received this message

The orange number that you are calling is not activated or you don't have access.

My questions are does this means it's disconnected( I'm assuming yes)

If she lost or it was stolen could she get the same number again??--Would that be a reason that it's not activated??

How is a phone de-activated?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I tried calling a friend last night. She has an Orange phone--or I guess she used to and I received this message

The orange number that you are calling is not activated or you don't have access.

My questions are does this means it's disconnected( I'm assuming yes)

If she lost or it was stolen could she get the same number again??--Would that be a reason that it's not activated??

How is a phone de-activated?
You lose the credit in the phone in 60 days, and the number in 90 days if you don't "recharge" the phone with more pesos.

Once the # is gone, it's almost impossible to get back easily.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I know-- or I should say it was a pre paid??? Maybe one of her novios was late!!! I don't know what her arrangements are!!! God bless her if she has a harem of men showering her with gifts-- I wish I were so lucky!!!!

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
Maybe not....

Not necessarily disconnected. I have people calling me from St Thomas and Puerto Rico AND Miami, as well as some other countries, that get that message quite frequently. My phone is working and has always been working. When I call Orange to ask questions, they always blame it on the other persons service.
See if you can send her a text message, for some reason, I can get text messages on my Orange phone even when I can't make or get a phone call (even on roaming service when I travel). I've stopped trying to figure that one out.

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
You lose the credit in the phone in 60 days, and the number in 90 days if you don't "recharge" the phone with more pesos.

Once the # is gone, it's almost impossible to get back easily.

Easy enough --with 250 pesos at the Orange store. Not sure how long after the 90 days it is valid tho- there was a kid from NYC in there a few days ago and he hadn;t used his phone since November and they reactivated the number (after he paid RD250).

Feb 7, 2007
There is a difference between several Orange messages:

1) Numero Orange no puede ser contactado - message means the phone has just gotten off the coverage area, and/or the signal was dropped.
Network is looking for the number but cannot localize it.

2) Cliente Orange no puede ser contactado - message means the phone has been turned off and logged off the network, and/or it was impossible to localize the phone for some time. The "log in" to network gets "logged off" after some time, so "numero orange" changes to "cliente orange" after some time (12-24 hours).

Messages 1 and 2 work when the client does not have a voicemail activated. If a voicemail is activated, the messages are not played, but calls are directed to the voicemail.

3) Usted no puede acceder a este servicio Orange o numero marcado no esta activado.
This means
a) Prepaid - phone was not recharged in time
b) Postpaid - bill was not paid and the number is "temporarily" disconnected

Hope this helps.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
It is an 809 number.

I'm dating myself-- but I feel like Montey Hall-- Is it behind-- Curtain number #1 Curtain#2 or Curtain#3

It's message # 3. Does anyone know if that number if it still is a prepaid will it be reinstated at some point or do I have to track her down some other way!

Everyone has been a great help!!!!! Thanks.

Last edited: