Question about single people travelling.......

Hipkiss

Mar 7, 2007
Hello

Been reading lots on this forum and finding a lot of it a real big help.

Anyway, last October, my ex partner and myself stayed at the Occidental Allegro in Playa Dorada for a week. I had an absolutely fantastic time, as it was my first trip outside the UK where I live - my ex partner thought it was ok, but has travelled lots.

I loved it so much out there, that I really really want to go back. Perhaps again in October time again this year - however, I would be going on my own (nobody else wants to go).

Are there any decent travel agents that don't charge a small fortune for a single person occupancy.

Or better still, are there ways of getting in contact with other single females who would like to go, but can't due to either no availability for single peeps, or unable to afford the under occupancy charge.

I did find a great deal last year to go again in April this year, but sadly that deal is no longer available.

By the way, I'm a single female in my 30's who just wants a friend or two to holiday with.

Thanks

HK

morenita inglesa

Jan 7, 2007
A couple of years ago I stayed in an AI in Playa Dorada booked through Thomas Cook in January for 2 weeks and paid ?700 inclusive of a single supplement. Which I found reasonable, considering I'd paid about the same amount the previous August, having shared a room with someone for just 1 week. Keep looking, I'm sure you'll find a good deal.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Build your own package

If you book the flight and hotel separately you wont get stug half as much as booking a single occupancy package deal.

A good website to book your hotel with is alpharooms.com: discount hotels and hotel reservations in Majorca, Tenerife, European and US Cities. Alpha Rooms, alfa rooms, alfrarooms, for hotels worldwide. I was looking at a week in April single occupancy and prices started at ?200.

Flights for this time are currently hovering around ?250-?350 but I am sure that they will come down in the next few weeks.

The only thing you need to then sort out is your transfer which will probably be around $25/30 but double check that - I'm sure there's another thread with up to date price info.

If you are looking at October you should be able to put together a fairly cheap package as the universities and schools have al started by then.

Good luck
Daydream

Hipkiss

Mar 7, 2007
Wow,

Thanks for your replies Daydream and Morenita Inglesa.

I think the only thing worrying me is mainly the evenings being on my own. Then I've been reading a lot of this site anyway, and have figured that it shouldn't take me long to make some friends out there.

Thanks again - I'll keep looking.

HK

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i'd say go it solo...and book it all yourself. Why risk doing a share with someone you dont know and who might ruin your trip!

I am not familiar with the area you are traveling to...but look around and find something more independent rather than an all incluse trap.

I just got back a couple of days ago myself...and at first i was fretting about traveling solo. I met a really cool couple from toronto from DR1 and i also met some other indie travelers at my hotel. (plus i have friends near where i stay).

Go for it!!!