Tipping

Shazo1

Nov 9, 2006
Somebody has probably already asked this question, but I couldnt find an answer.

Do people prefer to be tipped in US Dollars or DR Pesos?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
in my opinion, i don't think it really matters..a tip is a tip...of course the locals may get a better rate for US dollars...

Sep 19, 2005
It would seem to me that if you are in a bigger city with lots of cambios...it probably doesnt matter much to the waiter. But if you are out in the sticks, the waiter would have to at least make some effort to change the US dollars. Thus i think it would be better to tip in pesos in that situation.
Or tip in what ever currency you paid for your services in...

bob

Shazo1

Nov 9, 2006
We will be staying at GBP Cayo Levantado, so perhaps I should stick mainly to Peso`s..................thanks for your Input.

Sep 19, 2005
will this has been hacked around before...and as always tipping is a personal thing.

Just know that someplaces already have a 10% gratutity added onto the bill when you get it. That was supposed to be for the wait staff basically, and is to be handed back out by the management...but as is the case , the management has been known to "forget" to do that...thus many people say you need to tip again.

If you are at an All Inclusive resort...you probably wont get a bill, so do as you feel.
But if you do get a bill read the total....

there should be a sub total for all the items you purchased or were served. then there should be a line called ITBIS and it should be 16%, then usually there is a line under that that equals 10% and it has some nomencalture as well( but i forget it right now) that line is the gratuity.....

so you can do as you feel, I just mention it so you know as much information as you need .

Because if you didnt know and got a check for 100 US you might think i need to tip and plop down 120US possible..when your meal was really on $78 US.... that ends up being over a $30 tip.....

thats 38% ha ha ha

they love dumb foreigners

bob