another (simple) visa question

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Been back for 2 days now (sigh)...great trip and all etc.

Just wondering. I do have a buddy that i have been hanging with for about 5years in the DR. (nope..not a sankie...he cooks great meals for me, takes me to all sortsa cool places, doesnt have a sick mother (lol) and i have to insist on giving him gas money for his moto). We just have really struck up a very close and real frienship over the years.

I dont want to marry him...he doesnt want to move here. But dang..i would love to pay for a ticket for him to come up for a long weekend to see my world, my city (NYC) and how I live.

How much does it cost, and how long of a process is it for a domincan to obtain a travel visa to the US if he is visiting a US citizen and has a RT ticket?

Dont bash me too much...this is just more of a matter of curiousity at this point.

thanks

jj

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Looking to have this moved into the visa forum so I can whack any silly comments. ;)

If you read the same question in the visa forums it's next to impossible to get a Dominican a visitor's visa to the US unless, unless, unless.

Visit the US
A nonimmigrant is a foreign national seeking to enter the United States (U.S.) temporarily for a specific purpose. Nonimmigrants enter the U.S. for a temporary period of time, and once in the U.S. are restricted to the activity or reason for which their visa was issued. They may have more than one type of nonimmigrant visa but are admitted in only one status.

General requirements for foreign nationals seeking temporary admission include, but are not limited to, the following:

The purpose of the visit must be temporary;
The foreign national must agree to depart at the end of his/her authorized stay or extension;
The foreign national must be in possession of a valid passport;
A foreign residence must be maintained by the foreign national, in most instances;
The foreign national may be required to show proof of financial support;
The foreign national must be admissable or have obtained a waiver for any ground of inadmissability;
The foreign national must abide by the terms and conditions of admission.

Taken from Visit the U.S.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Tell him to join the military. My husband (Dominican) needed a visa to go and compete for the Dominican air force against the US air force in Miami. Got a 10 year visitors visa in 3 weeks!!! Worth a try???

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
jejeje...great suggestion matilda....but i think the military would destroy the very essence of his being.

Thanks...but i think i will come back to earth soon.... going to work tomorrow should do the trick.

Just wondrin' tho. Do these guidelines apply to say....canadians visiting the US for 4 or 5 days?

He actualy meets most of that criteria.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Just wondrin' tho. Do these guidelines apply to say....canadians visiting the US for 4 or 5 days?

I know you might think Canada is a third world wilderness country but truth be known we can travel to almost everywhere in the world and if we have the bucks can stay almost anywhere where it's warm for up to 6 months without losing our free health coverage :laugh:

You were kidding about Canadians visiting the US right? :surprised

gotta go :glasses: