US Visa Question

WBALKE

Jul 3, 2004
Hi Folks,

I really need some help or there will be no sleep in the Blake household for a few weeks.

My fianc?s step father is attempting to get permanent status for her family (Mom, Sister and 2 Brothers). They had their appointment 2 weeks ago. The interviewer advised them that they were approved pending the information from the Doctor. The doctor was not able to get their results prior to the interview. My future mother in law went to the doctor last week, however the doctor only gave the results for the 3 children and advised her that he had sent her results directly to the consulate. Should she read anything into the fact that her results were sent directly to the consulate?

Another question. My fianc?s sister recently had a child that was not included on the original petition (because the petition was made long before the child was a twinkle in the father eye). Is there a vehicle in place where the dependant child can be included in the petition?

Thanks in advance for your help.

W

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
Hi Folks,

I really need some help or there will be no sleep in the Blake household for a few weeks.

My fianc?s step father is attempting to get permanent status for her family (Mom, Sister and 2 Brothers). They had their appointment 2 weeks ago. The interviewer advised them that they were approved pending the information from the Doctor. The doctor was not able to get their results prior to the interview. My future mother in law went to the doctor last week, however the doctor only gave the results for the 3 children and advised her that he had sent her results directly to the consulate. Should she read anything into the fact that her results were sent directly to the consulate?

Another question. My fianc?s sister recently had a child that was not included on the original petition (because the petition was made long before the child was a twinkle in the father eye). Is there a vehicle in place where the dependant child can be included in the petition?

Thanks in advance for your help.

W

Don't worry about the medical exam. If they had gotten the exam BEFORE the interview like they were supposed to, the clinic would have sent the results directly to the consulate anyway. This should be no cause for alarm.

The child should not have any problems but you MUST let the Consulate know what is going on because they will need to give the child a visa also. Here is what the State Department says about this situation:

What If I Am the Beneficiary of the Petition?

If your U.S. citizen parent is petitioning for permanent resident status for you on Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and you are a married son or daughter of any age, your spouse and children do not require a separate visa petition. Your spouse and children will be included in the visa petition your parent is filing for you.

If your U.S. citizen brother or sister is petitioning for permanent resident status for you on Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and you are married, your spouse and children do not require a separate visa petition. Your spouse and children will be included in the visa petition your sibling is filing for you.

Usually, if a spouse is petitioning for you and you are currently in the United States through a lawful admission or parole, you may file a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, at the same time your spouse files the I-130 petition on your behalf.

-Tim

WBALKE

Jul 3, 2004
Hello Everyone,

Here is an update and question regarding my original post:
Everything worked out well for fiance's Mother, Sister and Brothers. The problem is that the Embassy did not grant a visa for the child of my fiance's sister. I read somewhere (but now I cant find it), that child will not have to go through the entire waiting process. Does anyone have any additional information on that. Thanks in advance.

WBLAKE