Contemporary Furniture in DR?

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006
Not sure if I should have posted this here or in Living.

Where can I find a good furniture store with modern/ comtemporary furniture? I'm tired of seeing the same "caoba" furniture, which everyone has in DR.

I was looking at Hache...are there any other places? Mainly in Santiago or Santo Domingo.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
3-4 or threads cover this topic, you will need to do a search to find them.

You will find 5-6 stores in Santo Domingo with modern and contemporary furniture. Just expect to pay a much higher price as it's all imported.

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006
3-4 or threads cover this topic, you will need to do a search to find them.

You will find 5-6 stores in Santo Domingo with modern and contemporary furniture. Just expect to pay a much higher price as it's all imported.

Ok, thank you

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Furniture

Not sure if I should have posted this here or in Living.

Where can I find a good furniture store with modern/ comtemporary furniture? I'm tired of seeing the same "caoba" furniture, which everyone has in DR.

I was looking at Hache...are there any other places? Mainly in Santiago or Santo Domingo.

"Caoba" is quality harrdwood and is preferred. When I went furniture shopping in Santiago, everything made with caoba cost more. Furniture for life, so I'm told.
Good luck!
Steve

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006
"Caoba" is quality harrdwood and is preferred. When I went furniture shopping in Santiago, everything made with caoba cost more. Furniture for life, so I'm told.
Good luck!
Steve

I agree, I hear it's a great product - I'm just not into the style of the furniture.