Villas Del Mar public beach entrances

edgar325

Dec 7, 2006
I know there is an entrance to the beach by the Hemmingway project but can someone tell me where the rumored other entrances will be located??

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
I know there is an entrance to the beach by the Hemmingway project but can someone tell me where the rumored other entrances will be located??

No rumors edgar325 - there are 8 public entrances to the beach in Juan Dolio planned , at least 3-4 of them will be in Villas Del Mar similar to the one you know... ... Marbella by Metro will have one between Costa Del Sol ( the one closer for you from where you bought a lot ) or between Sun Village and Marbella...plus will be public beach walkway along all the regenerated Villas Del Mar and Juan Dolio beaches dividing all beach areas in condos private area and public beach area - you can see this walkway in Marbella new rendering ...the markers with numbers for the walkway are already there on the beach

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
These are great 'public' entrances. New sign up saying just for people who live in Villas del Mar. If you live in old Juan Dolio they won't let you through. If you're a tourist, won't let you through. No drinking, no eating, no sleeping after 8pm, no animals, no music. The security guard asks for proof you live in Villas del Mar before you can enter. is that what is called 'public' access???

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
These are great 'public' entrances. New sign up saying just for people who live in Villas del Mar. If you live in old Juan Dolio they won't let you through. If you're a tourist, won't let you through. No drinking, no eating, no sleeping after 8pm, no animals, no music. The security guard asks for proof you live in Villas del Mar before you can enter. is that what is called 'public' access???

For your own security Matilda some people who does not have the reason to be there in the first place will not be able to use this entrance of sure ... criminal looking subjects, drunk , beggars, venders etc..., the sign is made by Secretary of Tourism : PROHIBITED TO THROW GARBAGE, TO USE BOTTLES AND GLASSES OF GLASS, TO COOK AND TO EAT, VEHICLE OF MOTOR, BICYCLES, MUSIC WITH HIGH VOLUME, SALESMEN, ANIMALS, ALL TYPE OF ARMS, CAMPING AND UMBRELLA, TO SLEEP ON THE BEACH AFTER 8 P.M... ... I see tourists using the entrance with no problems at all , remember always there are 8 entrances planed in the whole Juan Dolio and this is #1 in Villas Del Mar , there will be more in the other parts of Juan Dolio including Old Juan Dolio . So this one is for people who live or stay in Villas Del Mar and they just want to keep it clean and safe... so no cooking spaghetti on the beach , listening high volume music , throwing glass bottles , no sleeping after 8 pm etc...is it hard ?

Pinky101

Mar 11, 2007
I agree with you, Steve G., however, I don't see anything wrong with taking the family to the beach, taking some music and of course, the spaghetti.

It is how dominicans traditionally enjoy a day at the beach with their family.
Ahhh, the good old days.

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I have no problem with it - if it is what you say. perhaps someone should tell the security guard. i have been with tourists who have been turned away yesterday and the day before - staying in Villas del Mar. i have been turned away as I could not prove I lived here (had nothing with my address on it). Tomorrow I will try again with a friend who owns a house in Metro Country Club on the other side of the highway and see if they let her in.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I can't stay on the beach without an umbrella (sun allergy) and even at the public beach in Juan Dolio if the policia or politur see one they tell you to remove it! (must admit I have seen a few on weekends).
So.............must I just look at the beach from my condo (until they build the 12 story building on the beach directly in front of my apartment)??????

edgar325

Dec 7, 2006
It sounds to me like these restrictions may be going too far. I would like to be able to go to the beach for a few hours at a time. I would need to take basic things like a beach chair and towels but I also need to take some food and water and maybe an umbrella for my kids (5 and 7 years old). What is the reasoning behind not allowing umbrellas?? I could see no cooking allowed but why cant someone bring a liitle cooler with a sandwich or something?? Also, what if I go to my villa and I invite some friends over, will they be allowed to visit the beach??

Pinky101

Mar 11, 2007
I totally agree with you MommC and Edgar325.

I can understand having some restrictions (for our own good), but now they are getting a little carried away!

When my family goes to the beach, it's like an all-day thing. You get in the water, get some sun, take a nap (under the umbrella, of course), eat lunch (sandwiches or spaghetti & chicken - believe it or not), play some music, get in the water some more, etc.

That's what made going to the beach so much fun. Now it's a drag. Hell, it's damn right risky to be under the sun for too long and now I can't have an umbrella? Come on.