delta airlines to punta cana

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
had a bad experience w/ delta due to poor customer service. the trip was cheap though.372 r/t jfk to puj midweek. I had a bad experience flying with a child and with email conirmation ticket. It took 30minutes to check in at check in counter. No inant ticket on their computers. this happened at JFK and PUJ.flight staff has way to much attitude. besdes those problems, the light was only 3 hours long and on schedule.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Did you sent a letter or email to Delta Air Lines Customer services dept.
For all international flts all infant need to purchaser a ticket.
Thats a requiremt from the FAA.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
latino2002, what is happening with delta? All planes are full and -27 seats are over sold to sti, pop and sdq. The list of standby non-rev is horrifying. When will this all settle down? When will the low season start?
AZB

cecilia

Mar 14, 2007
That Is Horrible, Thanks For The Info And For Next Time We Know Not Use Delta Airlines

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
Now I'm Getting Nervous

I'm going to PUJ from JFK on Good Friday and after hearing these stories I'm getting a little nervous. I booked my flight on delta's website all the way back in Oct. 06' and I will be ****ed if I hear that the flight was over booked and I can't get on my flight.

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
Rules for NOT getting bumped

I'm going to PUJ from JFK on Good Friday and after hearing these stories I'm getting a little nervous. I booked my flight on delta's website all the way back in Oct. 06' and I will be ****ed if I hear that the flight was over booked and I can't get on my flight.

Here are the 'rules' for not getting bumped.

1. Make sure you have a seat assignment, period.

2. If you can't get a seat assignment make sure to check in online 24 hours prior to your flight.

3. If you can't check in online get to the airport 3 or more hours prior to departure.

4. Airlines never want to involuntarely 'bump' a passenger as this means they are required by your ticket contract to provide compensation. This ranges anywhere from them having to pay for you to fly another airline (by the way they'll most never offer this but it is your right) or they must provide you accomodations and meal vouchers.

Note: Jet Blue is not part of ARC and because of that they do not have the same contract rights that the legacy carriers do. This means that if Jet Blue bumps you, it is up to them as to whether they provide accomodations. Jet Blue will not buy you a ticket on another airline.

Also, remember there are most always going to be people on your flight that would love to get a future free ticket or monetary discount for another future flight.

5. Don't expect anything from the airlines these days. For some reason passengers still think that they can pay $100.00 for a one way ticket and still be treated like a human. The airlines actually count 'heads' on the plane, just like they do with cattle.

Relax, get to the airport early, know your rights, don't be a screaming jerk when something happens and you'll have a reasonably good trip. Also, remember that the employee's of the airlines on average make less than a manager at a fast food restaurant.

6. If you want to be treated like a human, buy a First Class ticket and be done with it all.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Here are the 'rules' for not getting bumped.

1. Make sure you have a seat assignment, period.

2. If you can't get a seat assignment make sure to check in online 24 hours prior to your flight.

3. If you can't check in online get to the airport 3 or more hours prior to departure.

4. Airlines never want to involuntarely 'bump' a passenger as this means they are required by your ticket contract to provide compensation. This ranges anywhere from them having to pay for you to fly another airline (by the way they'll most never offer this but it is your right) or they must provide you accomodations and meal vouchers.

Note: Jet Blue is not part of ARC and because of that they do not have the same contract rights that the legacy carriers do. This means that if Jet Blue bumps you, it is up to them as to whether they provide accomodations. Jet Blue will not buy you a ticket on another airline.

Also, remember there are most always going to be people on your flight that would love to get a future free ticket or monetary discount for another future flight.

5. Don't expect anything from the airlines these days. For some reason passengers still think that they can pay $100.00 for a one way ticket and still be treated like a human. The airlines actually count 'heads' on the plane, just like they do with cattle.

Relax, get to the airport early, know your rights, don't be a screaming jerk when something happens and you'll have a reasonably good trip. Also, remember that the employee's of the airlines on average make less than a manager at a fast food restaurant.

6. If you want to be treated like a human, buy a First Class ticket and be done with it all.

Well the airlines will do the best to ask for volunteers, if they don?t get a Volunteer passenger you become an Involuntary (INVOL), they do have a limit to give you, you have x- amount on voucher or a check, or an x-% of you value ticket.

All airlines make money when they do have over sales flights. Remember there is a department revenue management that monitor seat inventory and they will check the last month load factor, if the aircraft left with 20 open seat last month same day, they will go over with 20 more seat.

***** Also what else can you get when you travel out of NYC *** you know how New Yorker

I do recomend anyone to write a letter of complaint everytime some one has been rude, no matter what type of fares or services you purchaser, you should be treat equal and with respetc. *** there is a no tolerance for rude aagent at delta.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Business Class

Most short-haul flights have what they call business class, but you still sit up front with a little better service.....and by the way, flights into and out of POP have had good load factors but not oversold.....not more than 3 days since beginning anyway....and airline employees are usually not DL or AA or UA or any other airline employee anymore, they are farmed out, third party services that are more cost effective and couldn't give a damn due to their pay, hours and passengers attitudes just to name a few reasons.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My trip in August I tried and was told they didn't have first class.

That is because they were using song planes (757) which didn't have a first class. Now they use the regular delta aircrafts which does have first class.
AZB

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
My trip in August I tried and was told they didn't have first class.

Delta offer Business class seat for Latin American market, same as first class for Domestic market, the only business elite seat will be on b767-300er for Buenos Aires, Chile, Brazil and Bogota. (BOG is seasonal 767-300)

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
Latino, are you familiar with the Medallion first class upgrades? I just hit Silver Medallion and would like to know how DL process the upgrades and what are the upgrade chances on the route JFK-SDQ and ATL-SDQ. Thanks.