ok, sosua Easter question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2005
knowing that a lot of Dominicans flock to the beaches and resorts on this holiday. and thinking that they might not do the disco-bar scene like the usualy TOURIST does when in sosua.....

Do the dominicans hit the town at night like the same number of tourist might?

On other holidays. many "single" women flock to the town .

I wonder if that happens on Easter weekened as well

bob

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
In the 1990's and up to about 3 years ago, my wife and I enjoyed going out and joining everyone. Being invited to sit, talk, eat and share with so many Dominican families and their frends. It was a time FOR family and meeting up with long lost friends. The B.B.Q's set up on the beach... the children playing... the sound and the.. welcomes.. feeling from everyone.

Now I hunker down with a week of food, do not dare to drive into town, and hire an extra guard. I have friends that own hotels that rather close then be open that week.

WHAT CHANGED?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Dont forget the bars will close thursday to Saturday - no partying on Thursday or Friday night for sure. Things return to normal Saturday night

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Dont forget the bars will close thursday to Saturday - no partying on Thursday or Friday night for sure. Things return to normal Saturday night
The rules change every year, but certainly we never close.
There is a moratorium on music, sometimes through Good Friday, sometimes through Saturday as well.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
The rules change every year, but certainly we never close.
There is a moratorium on music, sometimes through Good Friday, sometimes through Saturday as well.

There are many places that are open and welcome all. I am sorry that I am putting a negitive spin of this holiday that can be so much fun and an opportunity to interact with so much of the Dominican people. I recommend a stroll down Sosua beach around 2. After 6, find someplace a little more saine... Rocky's?

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Thanks Marco

Thanks...Planner had me worried there would be no booze for me on that weekend.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Easter of 2006 there were about 6,000 people at Cabarete beach for their annual rave. I was there and had a blast as I love me some good electronic music.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
2006 Easter

Last year was crazy during Easter...I stayed at the Europa and it was packed and noisy with everyone having a good time....there were alot of folks I met that were from Santiago...we drank alot of beer and rum out by the pool while their kids played in the pool. They didn't seem to wander far from the Europa compound. Another thing is that they packed those rooms!

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
No music from 12AM Friday (thurs night) to 12AM Sat (friday night).

Beaches are a nightmare. Parking is impossible. Shopping you can forget about.

I generally bunker down for that weekend.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Lat year in Cabarete, the party started exactly at Midnight on Good Friday and lasted until Sunday afternoon... non-stop music, drinking, dancing, and all around partying...the beach was absolutely WRECKED on Sunday evening and spotless by Monday afternoon...for those 36 hours or so, Cabarete was a madhouse and almost all the hotels also had concerts, contests, parties, etc...the beach party stretched almost the entire length from the Viva Wyndham to the last Sans Souci...

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I didnt mean to mislead anyone with the way I worded my post. Sorry. Last year in Puerto Plata with the moratorium on music many locations closed at midnight thursday and did not reopen until Saturday afternoon. In fact Mangu closed thursday night too. But yes some were still open but quiet, not many people inside.

Has anyone seen an official announcement for this year yet?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I didnt mean to mislead anyone with the way I worded my post. Sorry. Last year in Puerto Plata with the moratorium on music many locations closed at midnight thursday and did not reopen until Saturday afternoon. In fact Mangu closed thursday night too. But yes some were still open but quiet, not many people inside.

Has anyone seen an official announcement for this year yet?
I believe that discos close because they would be as useless as a screen door on a submarine, without music.
It's not that they are forced to close.
The drinking never stops during that week.
It's 24/7.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Last year I was in a club in Sosua on the Thursday night before good friday and it took me a little while to realize what was wrong.... there was no music...it was very odd...but the place was still packed...

Status
Not open for further replies.