Coastal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Who are the new owners of the Coastal station? Will it be re-branded or remain Coastal?

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I am asking about the Coastal station and convenience store on the road between Sosua and Cabarete.

drfn

Mar 15, 2007
As far as I know name will remain the same and many improvements has been planned

peterw

Mar 15, 2007
Hi , I am the new owner of Coastal.
All will remain as is , but we are working on improvements and some changes.
The restaurant is currently closed for some remoddeling and a kids play garden will be added. This must be finished before the end of this month.
In the supermarket we are now ordering in new products and also since yesterday we are offering swimming-pool products for cleaning and maintenance.
Within a few weeks some new new equipment will arrive for the meat and delikatesse department . In meanwhile we do not have that many meat choices , but once we have the new equipment we will have lots of choice and good quality meat products. Also very soon a cash advance machine will be installed ! Today the phone lines for the cash machine have been installed and the bank promissed me to have the machine installed before Eastern !
If any of you have some ideas, let me know ! I am willing to try any idea that could be in favor of clients !
Peter.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Hi peter.... congratulations and good luck!! I have one suggestion... Ive noticed in the supermarket that there were no price tags on anything, or prices on the shelves that corresponded to the items above/below. It is much easier and more comfortable to shop when you know the prices of the items you want to purchase before you get to the register, or have to ask someone for help.

I think with a few changes/improvements you will have a great business there!

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Welcome!
We look forward to your upgrades and hope Jr. is still in your employ.
Looking forward to meeting you in April when we return to our home.
Abuela

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Welcome!
We look forward to your upgrades and hope Jr. is still in your employ.
Looking forward to meeting you in April when we return to our home.
Abuela

Jr went about 5-6 months ago, long before the new owners took over.

peterw

Mar 15, 2007
Hi ,

DavidZ : regarding the price tags : I know the y are currently all wrong with incorrect prices or below other procucts . Soon it will be changed , We are currently working on a new inventory system , and once it is finished , all new price tags will be places by each product. I think it will be done in +/- 1 week.

Abuela : JR is not working at Coastal anymore since many months. The current name of the manager is Stefan , and the assistant manager is Manuel. Manuel is the guy that worked at Coastal as manager after JR left.

Thanks for writing ! Pass by any time to say Hello.

Peter.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
It's the only place we buy diesel and wish you all the luck and hope mentioned improvements come to fruition, even though I liked the fried chicken just fine. Lots of potential for that location and sounds like you're a man with energy and ideas.....so buena suerte.

peterw

Mar 15, 2007
Hi tflea,
Thank you for the good luck wishes !
The fried chicken still will be there after we re-open the restaurant.
We also will have burgers and fries , good pizzas and pizza by the slice for 35 pesos/slice .
Peter

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I suggest you PM or email the new owners. I'm not going to let you dump crap on the old owners on this board. If your friend had a problem with the pay, then they should have looked for another job. Nobody forced them to work there.

At the end of the day, Greg and his wife did an outstanding job of building the best gas station in this country, with a huge loyal customer base. I'm sure the new owners will carry on their legacy.

End of story!

Last edited by a moderator:

peterw

Mar 15, 2007
DavidZ : No I do not fill propane tanks. I don't like the idea of bringing gasoline and propane together . In Cangrejo / Montellano they have now a nice station for propane gas ( +/- 1 mile after the airport ).

Sky : you are right ! Greg and Gisela did a nice job when they builded the station ! That's also why I purchased the property ! To go on keeping it nice and trying to make it even better .
I hope to have soon everything improved , but it all depends on the import time from some new machines for the supermarket.

Peter.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Phone Number?

Does anyone have the phone number for Coastal?

I can't seem to find it under "gasolina" in the Codetel Directory online.

Thanks,

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Peter,

Welcome, and congratulations on your acquisition. While I'm sure the purchase price was substantial (I saw the listing on a commercial RE site), I admire your courage and I hope you'll be richly rewarded by the loyal customers and great business community you're now a part of.

Buena Suerte

Status
Not open for further replies.