Bavaro Princess

apparently there was a major fire last night that burned out the restaurant complex by the beach and the building was destroyed. Pescadore, Bella Pasta, El Gaucho, and Macprincess were totally destroyed as well as the beach bar.

Any locals with information.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Wow, was anyone injured??? I think my parents are going there next month--Hmm I'll have to check

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Yes, fire broke out in the ktichen close to the beach.
Some of the thatched roofs close by caught fire and burned down.
Nobody was hurt and the hotel was not evacuated.

Happened before, too!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Here's a letter from the hotel:

3y3lxdt.jpg

Gregg

flysrb

Feb 15, 2007
Hey Now! We were there for the fire. 3am Sunday the power goes off so I am stumbling around and hear someone yell FIRE! We are in Bldg 34 which is the 2nd building away from the complex. I opened the door and it was a blast furnace in my face. Very scary. I tell my wife to get out and I try to find our papers. She grabs one of my shirts and goes on the porch and falls down the stairs spraining her ankle. I hear her scream and freak out..I pick her up and we run toward the lobby. The flames are 200 ft high.Propane tanks are exploding. Total chaos. We walked all the way to the lobby and noone from the hotel is there. It took an hour for the fire truck to get there. You could see the sky glowing in the distance.
Finally they let some people go back and tended to my wife's ankle,but said we had to pay if she went to the medical center for an xray. We were due to leave in a couple of hours so they gave us a ride to our room. They had the power back on and we packed up and left. At least 2 bldgs had damage- I believe 33 and 76.
To add insult to injury, I just spent the last 5 days in the hospital here in VA because I caught a bug of some kind at the resort....Wild vacation to say the least...