Playa Dorado Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
Does anyone know how late the clubs stay open now in the complex? What is the best club to go for a group of 40'ish aged women or does it matter? Would like to hear Spanish music, maybe a live band if any of the clubs in the complex offer that. Thanks.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Does anyone know how late the clubs stay open now in the complex? What is the best club to go for a group of 40'ish aged women or does it matter? Would like to hear Spanish music, maybe a live band if any of the clubs in the complex offer that. Thanks.
I hear Sankie Caliente is a happening place...;)

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
pardon me?

I am not sure what you mean? Are you trying to be helpful or rude? Just a simple question--no interest in sankies--just having some fun dancing and listening to the wonderful music.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I don't think he's trying to be rude, a bit impish perhaps - after all you do fit the profile to a tee...

Sankie_mit_Opfer.jpg

For more in German see: Rent-a-Sankie

Credit to mountainfrog.

On a more serious note...

Suggest you PM planner if she doesn't see this thread.

In Playa Dorada, Mangu is generally considered the "best".

Gregg

Last edited:

santosc

Jan 31, 2007
Clubs

He's right you have to be incredibly wary of the sankies...unless you seriously just want a holiday fling and will not only be able to detach yopurself afterwards and forget about him but also do not fool yourself in even exchanging details because they are after one thing...oh yeah not just sex but money...

anyhow just beware...clubs we went to: 'Roadway' a few times...our entertainment team at the fun tropicale always promoted the club in our hotel, got free cabs to the club and walked back (15mins walk back to the tropicale) its in the Plaza and we also got a voucher at our hotel for free welcome cocktail. drinks costs on average about us$4 each. Roadway at weekends was really busy (fri+sat+sun) other nights average. We had no trouble at all but guys will try and come and dance with you ( we were with our boyfriends). Hemmingways was alright too as was Crazy moon, Mangu was pretty good at weekends also. The boys did the sosua pub crawl and said that they could see it would be a lot more dangerous and would not recommend for girls alone, i suggest you just stay within the clubs in playa dorada. Enjoy, i fell in Love with the place and although everyone talks about sankies there are some very nice people but then again i do speak spanish so could probably scan out a lot of them...

Sep 19, 2005
for dance clubs in the complex, your choices are very limited...Roadway, Hemmingways, and Mangu...unless something else has opened up, that I havent heard about. I have been to all three, even though when i went to Hemmingways it was dead at that time...I hear it does get better than when i saw it...but it is smallish, as is Roadway....on a firday night roadway will be packed....I saw Tono Rosario there one night. Mangus is a little bit bigger...and probably had a more diverse crowd....even if it was obvious there were lots of groups of vacationers there....

you probably have time to check out all three...and you could even check them all out in a single night.....

I dont think you could classify any with an age group...it totally depends on the mix of vacationers.

good luck

bob

Last edited:

divingmarky

Feb 27, 2006
Why not be brave and share a cab and go to Tipico Azucar on the main road. Sunday afternoons, evenings you should find what your looking for. Live bands, Cheap local price beer and away from the usual tourist crowds.

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
Tipico Azucar

Tipico Azucar -- that sounds what we are looking for!! Where is it on the main road--how far from Playa Dorado? Safe to go there?

divingmarky

Feb 27, 2006
Hi,
Yes its safe to go there it is totally Dominican you might see may be one or two gringos. Its about ten minutes from Playa Dorada. If your Spanish is not good or you are little nervous get a Tourist Taxi and share the Cost with the others in your group, get the taxi driver to stay with you for a couple of hours.

The other option is to go there in the Public taxis that are found on the road outside Playa Dorada. They have to be hailed they have a yellow light on the roof. This is the cheapest option and shouldnt coast you more than 30pesos each but you do need to speak some Spanish and the short journey might be uncomfortable because they can fit 7 in a car but then you can say you have experienced Dominican life.

On the whole I would suggest the Tourist Taxi option first, and then if you enjoy yourself then go again in a public taxi.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Hi,
The other option is to go there in the Public taxis that are found on the road outside Playa Dorada. They have to be hailed they have a yellow light on the roof. .

I guess it can be a yellow light after too much rum and you develop jaundiced eyes. Actually the public taxis have a red roof sign that says Puerto Plata-Sosua. The fare is 15 pesos before 8 PM, 20 pesos after to Azucar in Montellano. They run 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.