kite beach condos

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
Hi all. i was searching the net and got some info from Joanne at re max about the condos on kite beach. just wondering if anyone has seen them and if you have any opinions. thanks jim

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
It depends on what you meen by Kite Beach. Most if not all of the new ones are very nice but expensive. The older ones are ok but most need some work. There are many between the Kite Club to the other side of Caberete. Both sides of the road. Are you looking to buy or for a vacation. Don't consider buying untill you have been here and you can determine for yourself. If it's vacation The travel board list a lot of great places. On the beach costs more then on the other side of the road. AI cost more etc.

Jennifer

Jul 9, 2002
There is a condo called Kite Beach Condos and they are right beside Agualina to the west of Cabarete. Right on the beach, I wasn't able to see inside but the condo fees are very high...US500+. I believe that includes electricity.

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
yes the new condos called kite beach condos. just wondering if there nice. quality of construction anything really. ty

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I think those condos start about $425,000-450,000USD. I may be wrong. Seemed kinda high to me. We stoped by to look and were told they are all sold. I think now there all resale.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
About 1 1/2 years ago I looked at 2BR units at the Kite Beach Hotel (now referred to as Kite Beach Condos). At the time they were $179K and were offered with an 8% guaranteed return rental program. The units were nice (if slightly dated) and the grounds are nice as well...the beach there is awesome. Apparently the owner was trying to raise money to build new condos next door, which he is doing (wedged between the original hotel and Aqualina).

Im not sure of the price or availability of the new condos, but the older property seemed like a decent deal (not with $500/mo maintenance though). The older property is marketed almost exlusively to kiters as a condo-hotel. The condos in the new building are probably nice, but it seems as if they overbuilt the property to the point that it "feels" cramped. I was sitting on a patio at Aqualina and watching the construction on the new building and it seemed as though the workers were practically on the Aqualina property...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I couldn't edit my post, but wanted to add:

Also keep in mind, this property is not really walking distance to the center of Cabarete where all the bars, restaurant, shopping, etc is.

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
I went to look nearby yesterday at a new project just being built called Kings castle or King's beach....can't remember, but it's in pre-construction on the beach very close to the kite beach...a little closer to 'downtown' Cabarete. The prices in this initial phase seem reasonable and they are marketing it as time share for now, with the option at anytime to buy. You can even knock the price down according to everything you spend there, even at the shops....if you keep the receipts. Prices for some units start at less than 100K U$D. I am a little wary of timeshares but if the deal as is they say then it's quite an attractive one, especially with the type of rent to own option they offer. They even at this stage have plans you can change depending on what you'd like for room sizes and shapes. You can choose the tile, marble, furniture and wall tile even, which is pretty cool. Unfortunately I don't have the card on me right now, but I'll find it and post further info. very soon.
PP

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
King's Palace Resort is being "re"-built from an unfinished hotel that stood empty, and obviously not completed, for a couple of years. Originally the conversion project was called Cabarete Sea Condos, then they changed the name and concept somewhat. The original design was built around very narrow hotel rooms (453 sq ft.), all with a view to the ocean. The hotel was designed to host watersports events in the "world's first sea-stadium", an interesting structure they built on the beach in front of the hotel. They are planning to knock down interior walls and apparently add a fourth floor to create different sized apartments. The standard two bedroom units are two hotel rooms put together... 915 sg. ft) I checked out the pricing on the website and while the starting unit prices are low, the per square foot price is pretty high, especially for the larger upper-floor units. They have been trying to get this project going (first as Cabarete Sea) for about a year now, and so far haven't made much progress, but they do have some interesting ownership options...

Here's the website:

Cabarete Sea Condos

Last edited:

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Hi all. i was searching the net and got some info from Joanne at re max about the condos on kite beach. just wondering if anyone has seen them and if you have any opinions. thanks jim

Jim here is a link that should help you .

Dominican Republic Real Estate by Coldwell Banker North Coast

Send me a PM if you are interested . I have spoken with the owner last month myself. I have a friend from Florida that is interested also. I was very impressed with the owner and the manager. The maintenance fees are waived if you enter into the rental program. You then are given 9 weeks usage per year with the remaining weeks go into the rental pool. You will also get a return for you investment each year between 3% & 5% minimum. Let me know if I can help with anymore questions.

Ace.

Last edited: