Teeth whitening for the dentally challenged

C

Chip00

Anybody know an economical place in Santiago where they do teeth whitening? The wife has been comparing my teeth lately to canned corn and I figure it's about time to do something about it.

I remember somebody said there is a clinic at either UTESA or PUCCM - does anybody know if they have those services there?

Also, any price info would be great.

Gracias

Chip

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
Toothbrush and whitening toothpaste. Brush at least twice a day. Avoid consuming large amounts of coffee and smoking. Maybe you can find a dentist in the capital that does britesmile or a similar procedure.

Sep 19, 2005
from the prices they charge in the DR for dental work...any place that does it , will be cheap
they want like 500 to do teeth where i go to the dentist in america.

and they really only do poorly stained teeth at my dentists, because they dont want to hear someone complain about.."I dont see any difference" and have them ask for their money back!! ha ha ha

of all the dentists there...you havent been able to find one?...or you just dont know if any are good? which is it?

my ex wife had the full blown dental whitening service done...it involves some bonding and then whitening...cost $7,000!!!!!!!!!!

thats what the movie stars all use.....

good luck

bob

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Chip-

Alida's sister is a respected dentist in Santiago. She does teeth whitening. Drop me a PM and I'll pass on the info.

(The Other) Robert

C

Chip00

Thanks for the info everybody. I contacted a local dentsit and they want like RD6000 to do it.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Thanks for the info everybody. I contacted a local dentsit and they want like RD6000 to do it.

Was this for laser teeth whitening or the moulds & bleech?

Did you have it done in the end, what was your experience?

I am specifically looking for somewhere in Santiago that does laser teeth whitening so if anyone can recommend a dentist that would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Daydream

S

sokitoumi

a word of warning...i had mine done in the uk ,,,it made them more prone to staining and no visible difference after treatment,It felt like they stripped the enamel off and bleached them...........very sore raw gums afterwards ..thought i was going to get gum rot

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I have heard that this procedure can be actually quite bad for your teeth, especially uncomfortable at the least, if you have sensitive teeth...

I've actually wondered how expensive dentists are in the DR? I didn't go my whole time living there, and boy did I regret that when I got back to Canada.

I brush and floss my teeth every morning and night, but I think it was all the fresh fruit juice..(I would drink 2 -3 big glasses a day), all the vino pina, all the benadicta..too much sugar for my teeth I guess. After a year and a bit I ended up with 12 cavities!!! In my whole life before that, only had 1 ever!!!!!!!!!

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
$6000RD is dirt cheap. My dentist quoted me $400 CDN for the instant (light) whitening.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

That's not bad, but what type of procedure is it? Is it the laser whitening/Britesmile?

Anyone know what sort of procedure Dr. Rojas uses and the cost?

S

sokitoumi

i had the laser whitening.......complete waste of money....dont expect a hollywood smile....

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
i had the laser whitening.......complete waste of money....dont expect a hollywood smile....

This depends on if your teeth were stained during childhood by taking some medication, I think it is called tetracyclin(don't flame me I'm not sure about the name).

Though not perfect, it does improve things a little but if you want that Hollywood smile there is no substitute for porcelain veneers.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Go onto ebay for Opalescence with trays and do it yourself. It is exactly what dentist use for whitening.

CUSTOM WHITENING TRAYS OPALESCENCE PF 35% 12SY Mint - (eBay item 220158853262 end time Oct-29-07 23:45:00 PDT)

Funny disclaimer on one of the other Ebay ads-do NOT use household bleach to brighten teeth.

Also, there are other Ebay ads for similar products that are around $30 bucks, but this particular one includes the molds that you have to have made custom for a better fit.

Last edited:

carolathompson

Oct 11, 2007
most teeth whitening products are the same...........but when going to the dentist its the floresent lights that do the work along with the whitening product...most dentists will give you the whitening product ( at my dentist 20 canadian) , but thats just an upkeep from the original procedure at the office. Not much help with actual question......just dont waste 110 bucks from ebay , for the same thing you can pick up at any dentist office