Nanny Estate Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2006
Has anyone been to NE recently or are familiar with the Manager Maria? I emailed last week to make reservations and didn't receive a response in 48 hrs. I then called to ask questions and her responses were a bit curt. I took it as her having a bad day.I decided to rent through an online company that deals with NE since she hadn't returned my booking request. Maria emailed me and I emailed her with questions at least three days ago. No response. I use tripadvisors to keep current with the reviews for the places that I book and look forward to new ones. The last review complained about the manager being awful. This morning, a second review was posted by a guest who praised the place but complained about her being uncooperative as well. Has anyone had any recent experience with her or the property? I'd like to know what going on . They both praised Lourdes and I remember her being helpful back in October when I was first considering.Now that I am booked, I am concerned about these complaints.

MGoss

Mar 28, 2007
I cannot comment on the place, but we met people that were staying there while we were in Cabarete and they were not pleased at all, especially when they seen our place. I guess you get what you pay for but from what they told me, it was not cheap cheap either. Wish I could help you more. :disappoin

midsmikeuk

Oct 5, 2006
I have already sent a private message to Princessa so she is aware of my thoughts; but to give balance MGoss I stayed at the Nanny Estates in January and had no complaints. Maria helped organise a day trip to Ocean World, changed any items that were not working in the house, allowed my girlfriends children to stay for a few days even though I hadn't booked them. The location as far as I am concerned is perfect, right on the beach and not to far from the centre of town but quiet at the same time.
I agree it is not cheap, cheap but neither is it expensive in comparison to some places I have seen advertised, I feel it is worth what you pay. All I can say in recommendation is I have booked another 2 weeks in July.

Sep 15, 2006
I talked to Maria last week and she as more than helpful and extremely nice. She was a bit guarded at first but then we were laughing by mid convo. I'm going to make sure that I write a review on Tripadvisors when I return. I found out that my email was filtered as"party group" because I asked about the quiet policy and loudness factor,which they try to avoid due to past experiences. So she apologized and said she will have to be more careful about that process. She explained why they had the quiet policy.Made sooo much sense. Apparantly the owner/ex owner of Villa Chez rented out the place/basement to 10 students who over ran the communal pool and were basically loud and a mess. So since then, she has been trying to keep the atmosphere less springbreakish because many of the other owner and guest complained and of course were uncomfortable. I totally felt where she was coming from and she hadn't realized that I was infact the person that she spoke with earlier. For the complaints against her, they both came in the same month and I seriously think she may have just been having a bad time or something because the reviews before them were positive in respects to her.

Mid- I asked her about all of us gathering at the pool villa before we go out and if we would be heard. 12 people , excited,talking.. noise will follow. She assured me that we wouldn't be heard because the villa has high ceilings, plus fans and the central AC going. You know that I was very happy to hear her say it without seeming concerned that we would tear the house down. She said we can just keep the door closed as we play our music. I assured her that we aren't the spring breaker type and we wont be overtaking the pool. There are about 12 of us so I know that it would be crowded and overwhelming since it is not that big. I had already tried renting private usage of an unrented villa's pool from Gundula of Home Key Management which is basically a few steps away, but she said the owners decided not to do that anymore because most of the villas that did not have pools are building them.
Anyway, all of my worries were put to ease. She was very accommodating. Offered to arrange a bus for our airport transport and gave me the details about having a cook. Even answered some questions that I had forgotten to ask. I was at ease after talking with you but I'm so much more comfortable now. Like I said, I can't help worrying when I am trying to accommodate everyone. (I'm planning for a B-Day lounge party in two weeks, and I've been stressing over whether or not toget a table or two and will everyone fit, yaddi yaddi. Always trying to accommodate folks.)

As for the villas, I haven't heard one person complain about them. I have spoken with two people on TA who have stayed their recently and they said they were immaculate. The ones that we rented are very nice, so I am not worried.

MGoss

Mar 28, 2007
That sounds like awesome news! keep us posted when you get back what you thought of the place. Lets face, no place can satisfy everyone so you have to always take the good comments with the bad. But as travelers, we all also have to take on a responsibility to respect everyone in and around us, and that is sometimes totally forgotten. Then what you get is bad reviews, but in fact, the problem could be the guests themselves. I wish you the best of times! CHEERS!:)

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
Iam very glad you contacted maria again. Have stayed there several times and find the condos and grounds immaculate! Maria has been there for years and is very helpful. You wont be disappointed by staying there!
Sunny

I talked to Maria last week and she as more than helpful and extremely nice. She was a bit guarded at first but then we were laughing by mid convo. I'm going to make sure that I write a review on Tripadvisors when I return. I found out that my email was filtered as"party group" because I asked about the quiet policy and loudness factor,which they try to avoid due to past experiences. So she apologized and said she will have to be more careful about that process. She explained why they had the quiet policy.Made sooo much sense. Apparantly the owner/ex owner of Villa Chez rented out the place/basement to 10 students who over ran the communal pool and were basically loud and a mess. So since then, she has been trying to keep the atmosphere less springbreakish because many of the other owner and guest complained and of course were uncomfortable. I totally felt where she was coming from and she hadn't realized that I was infact the person that she spoke with earlier. For the complaints against her, they both came in the same month and I seriously think she may have just been having a bad time or something because the reviews before them were positive in respects to her.

Mid- I asked her about all of us gathering at the pool villa before we go out and if we would be heard. 12 people , excited,talking.. noise will follow. She assured me that we wouldn't be heard because the villa has high ceilings, plus fans and the central AC going. You know that I was very happy to hear her say it without seeming concerned that we would tear the house down. She said we can just keep the door closed as we play our music. I assured her that we aren't the spring breaker type and we wont be overtaking the pool. There are about 12 of us so I know that it would be crowded and overwhelming since it is not that big. I had already tried renting private usage of an unrented villa's pool from Gundula of Home Key Management which is basically a few steps away, but she said the owners decided not to do that anymore because most of the villas that did not have pools are building them.
Anyway, all of my worries were put to ease. She was very accommodating. Offered to arrange a bus for our airport transport and gave me the details about having a cook. Even answered some questions that I had forgotten to ask. I was at ease after talking with you but I'm so much more comfortable now. Like I said, I can't help worrying when I am trying to accommodate everyone. (I'm planning for a B-Day lounge party in two weeks, and I've been stressing over whether or not toget a table or two and will everyone fit, yaddi yaddi. Always trying to accommodate folks.)

As for the villas, I haven't heard one person complain about them. I have spoken with two people on TA who have stayed their recently and they said they were immaculate. The ones that we rented are very nice, so I am not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.