was ther Miss dominican republic conterst last night?

Sep 19, 2005
If so...does anyone know who won???

my GF couldnt watch it because her mother wanted to watch the daily sopa operas she always watches.......she got to watch little bits in between soap comercials

bob

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Yes. The contest was last night and the winner is Miss Santiago.. Makes me proud to be Santiaguero...

Zeus

Sep 19, 2005
thanks...

sorry about the poor typing...

you know when i first saw some of her pictures(miss santiago), i thought she was a super knock out. But then I saw a bunch of other shots, and she looked way different...and not nearly as hot as i previously thought...but that was who my Gf was rooting for anyway.

bob

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I agree. Some of the women looked beautiful in that runway shot but when you saw them in "person" they looked really different. Some people just photgraph well!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
DR1 news: "For the second straight year the winner of Miss Dominican Republic comes from the province of Santiago. Last night 22-year old Massiel Taveras was chosen to represent the country at the 2007 Miss Universe contest. She succeeds Mia Taveras, who also represented the central province of Santiago. "

Why the same last name? Are they sisters or what?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
DR1 news: "For the second straight year the winner of Miss Dominican Republic comes from the province of Santiago. Last night 22-year old Massiel Taveras was chosen to represent the country at the 2007 Miss Universe contest. She succeeds Mia Taveras, who also represented the central province of Santiago. "

Why the same last name? Are they sisters or what?
She's Isaura Taveras sister.

-NALs

Last edited: