Nannying in the Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
Hi,
I've been a qualified live in nanny now for 8years, and although I'm extremely well paid now as a London nanny, I do like to work in different countries. I've been thinking about going to work in The DR for a year or so, but figured the only childcare related work I could get, would be in a kids club at a resort or teaching. Neither of which I really want to do.
However I was talking to a Dominican girl and she was telling me there are nanny jobs available, mainly with American families living over there.
Does anyone know how I would go about finding a job, are there specific agencies that deal with the DR? I've contacted a few of the agencies I'm signed up with here who have worlwide positions, but all I keep getting is offers for the Bahamas, is it likely that families over there just tend to employ Dominicans for childcare?
Any help would be much appreciated ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
ARE YOU KIDDING???
We can get nannys a dime a dozen....this is not something you want to pursue in the DR. Believe me. $75 a month for a young teen to take care of the kids, maybe double that if the person is going to school and the family wants to help with expenses....

Stay where you are, save your money and vacation here a couple of times...NOT in the AI (all inclusives) but in cities and towns, so you get a feel for the place....

Nannys are in demand in the US BTW.

HB

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
LOL....I actually wanted to work in the DR before I met Daniel hence my first visit in Sept, when I happened to meet him, I'm not gonna deny that I'm thinking about it MORE now I'm with him but so what? :)

Hillbilly I figured that was the case, thats why I posted to double check...and I worked in the US for 2 years, in Cali absoloutley LOVED it and would go back in a second if they would give me a visa, alas no.
My other 2 options are Canada and Oz at the moment, so I think I'm going to look in to that, thanks for the responce anyways.

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
HAHAHAHA I actually really like you, you make me giggle and you're probablly right......but hey we all gotta make our own mistakes right....when I come back and post about what an idiot I've been you can be the first to say I deserved it :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not, I dearly hope, like the young German woman that was found buried in her back yard under 12 feet of dirt!! Missing nine days. Her lover and his girlfriend are now in custody.....
All this happened in San Francisco de Macor?s. So sad....

HB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Writing was on wall.........?

Not, I dearly hope, like the young German woman that was found buried in her back yard under 12 feet of dirt!! Missing nine days. Her lover and his girlfriend are now in custody.....
All this happened in San Francisco de Macor?s. So sad....

HB

And in her case she was betrayed twice, her husband sold a house of hers so she started divorce proceedings and her boyfriend terminally betrayed her.
El Nacional, la voz de todos
Young woman's pic here in case anyone knew her.
El Nacional, la voz de todos

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
At Least I Didn't Report It

.... like the young German woman that was found buried in her back yard under 12 feet of dirt...

Oh, what do I see...
A crime told!

But is it related to DR1 members?
Don't such murders happen everywhere and all the time?
So, why mention it and tarnish the country's reputation?

OMG, has anybody seen my rose-coloured glasses?

m'frog

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Worthy to note she was killed with her own gun, BTW....

WHY is it worthy to note?

Nothing like re-shaping the facts to match your own agenda......

Do you truly believe she would not have been killed if she did not own a gun?

She would be just as dead and may have suffered more if other means were used to kill her.

Your statement has absolutely no logic to it, So what's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.