Dominicans Jacksonville, FL

doveseyes82

Mar 25, 2007
Hi:) I'm moving to Jacksonville, FL in a few months. I'd really appreciate if anyone knew where I can dance merengue, and find at least one Dominican restaurant and hair salon. Do most Hispanics live in a particular area or are they mostly spread out? I'd love to know where to go find tropical foods so I can cook Dominican stuff at home... Thanks!

DovesEyes82

C

Chip00

Hi:) I'm moving to Jacksonville, FL in a few months. I'd really appreciate if anyone knew where I can dance merengue, and find at least one Dominican restaurant and hair salon. Do most Hispanics live in a particular area or are they mostly spread out? I'd love to know where to go find tropical foods so I can cook Dominican stuff at home... Thanks!

DovesEyes82

The is a restaurant called Puerto Plata restarant and I believe they have live music on the weekends. The food is good.

Also, I believe there is a sizable enough community as there was a photo of a baseball team at the restaurant and there name was "Plataneros" and supposedly all of the players were plataneros.:glasses:

Also, tell them el gringo loco Chip with the Mocanita sent ya!

violetgorman

Mar 25, 2007
I found this article to be very interesting. The good news for me

Hello..! My name is Violet.!
I am new to this forum and I am really excited about this Discussion and would love any kind of guidance.
I hope someone can help me with this question that I have..I found this article to be very interesting.
The good news for me...Who is a moderator of this topic..??
If anyone has any info. on this subject ( recipies are also welcome) I would greatly appreciate a reply at 'violetgorman'@'yourwebpublic.org'