Barahona-Advice on Oven/Stove Purchase

jeanmarie

Mar 24, 2004
I would like to buy a stove/oven for my mother-in-law in Barahona when we are there over Memorial Day Weekend. Can anyone recommend a reputable place to buy from and let me know how much a decent one might run me?

Also, if anyone has any type/brand recommendation, warnings, specification or installation info that would be help to make an informed purchase, any advise is welcome.

Thanks, Jeanmarie

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Options vary

Hola Jeanmarie,

Half dozen places could meet the definition of reputable depending on your personal interpertation of the word. Barahona in a big town and this product is a standard item of need, so readily available.

Have not seen a Jenn-Aire for sale in town but know that one could be made available in 2 -3 days if needed.

Am in town daily so will run a spot check for you on prices and the lot and be back at you.

4 burner / oven / broiler - stand alone, setup for propane the correct specs??

kFrancisco de Cabral

jeanmarie

Mar 24, 2004
Yes, 4 burner / oven / broiler / propane perfect.

Thank you so much for doing this for me... My husband imagines he can go in to Barahona in the morning and have it delivered and working in Paraiso same day buyt I as usual am skeptical. That Saturday is his Mom's birthday and of course Sunday is Mother's Day, so it would be great to be sure it can get there in time.... if you find that we should probably buy beforehend to make sure we can have it there that day please let me know...

Again, thanks so much.. Jeanmarie

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Srove update

Jeanmarie,

OK, the same day store delivery and setup and working might be a push for down here. This might take a little more discussion on my part but it can all be handled as you laid it out.

Price info: 4 burner models I scouted out had a " listed price " of from around $ 6500RD - $ 8000RD. The top end seem to have a fold down work surface for over the burners and are a little wider. Availability goes all the way up to 6 burners, with grill cover for the two central burners for around $13.000RD.

Purchase price on the 4 burner model should be 800 - 1000RD less.

Let me check tommorrow on possible delivery cost to Paraiso by the store and cost for an alternative means of transportation.

Do you have someone capabile of setup in Paraiso or do you need a reliable source for this service also ??

I can have an LCI associate handle the whole thing for you if you wish.

kFrancisco de Cabral