residency

hamburgesa

Mar 18, 2007
Hi! My husband and I are wanting to buy real estate and move to the Dominican ( not sure exactly where yet ). He speaks french/spanish and will eventually work there. Has anyone experienced any glitches that prevented them from receiving residency and/or citizenship? We have a clean slate and bill of health but I just want to prepare for any difficulties if, any. Thanx.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You should have no trouble. Just get accustomed to referring to the country as the Dominican Repblic rather than just Dominican, to be confused with the island of Dominica.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so far the only thing stopping from getting residency is HIV positive status.
so relax - this is caribbean!

hjocelyn

Feb 21, 2007
www.puntacanalife.com
I am a US Citizen and have been going to DR frequently for quite some time.
I loved it so much I bought a home in Punta Cana, where I am currently expanding my buisiness.

I immediately began the process for residency with lawyer, which I think would be the best way to do it, and have had absolutely no problems.

hamburgesa

Mar 18, 2007
Gracias amigos!

Thanx for your replies. Yes, ok Dominican Republic. yes yes. hjocelyn. Maybe we talk bizness eh? Can i ask who your real estate agent was. How long did it take you to find what you wanted and to close on the deal. We want to go back and look around but not sure how much time to allow ourselves for searching ... thanx