los angeles dominicans

jro327

Mar 22, 2007
Does anyone know of any Dominican communities in Los Angeles,California or any Dominican restaurants? I seem to be the only Dominican on the West coast!!

sucar

Nov 21, 2004
You're not!
see here: http://www.dr1.com/forums/dominicans-abroad/41651-dominicanos-en-los-angeles.html

and here:
WWW.DRNLA.COM

in terms of food, no dominican restaurants, but there are a few good Cuban restaurants: Versailles on the west side, a little place in culver city which is awesome, there is also one in historic fillipinotown (edge of echo park) that one is really old-school miami style! and there is always Porto's bakery in glendale/burbank for croquetas, pastelitos and guava filled pastries! oh yeah, and a place downtown which well... Also, Tygeorges is in silverlake, haitian restaurant with the best chivo you will ever eat, in this town! i forgot a few others, but heck, get out there and explore!

sucar

Nov 21, 2004
You're not!
see here: http://www.dr1.com/forums/dominicans-abroad/41651-dominicanos-en-los-angeles.html

and here:
WWW.DRNLA.COM

in terms of food, no dominican restaurants, but there are a few good Cuban restaurants: Versailles on the west side, a little place in culver city which is awesome, there is also one in historic fillipinotown (edge of echo park) that one is really old-school miami style! and there is always Porto's bakery in glendale/burbank for croquetas, pastelitos and guava filled pastries! oh yeah, and a place downtown which well... Also, Tygeorges is in silverlake, haitian restaurant with the best chivo you will ever eat, in this town! i forgot a few others, but heck, get out there and explore!

kirkland1222

Mar 9, 2005
The cuban restaurant one in historic filipinotown is I think on temple st. There is another on sunset in Silverlake near Sunset Junction. There is one cuban rest. in downtown. There is another which has superb flan in Atwater I think on Glendale ave across the bridge.