Bayahibe - Boca Yate Hotel and diving

Crunchie

Mar 28, 2007
Hello,
can anyone help me with information on the Residence Boca Yate in Bayahibe?
With a link , some pictures , prices or your own opinion ?
Or can you recommend another nice place to stay in Bayahibe ? We will be there in June, for 15 days, and we really don?t want "all inclusive Disney Land" places. We like more the quiet places, maybe an appartment, we woudn?t mind walking , lets say 20 min max. from Bayahibe dive center.And it should be cheap, if possible.

Second question: Does anyone have experience with the dive bases in Bayahibe? Can you recommend one?

Looking forward to your answers !!!!
Have a nice day!

mrbillishere

Feb 26, 2007
I just got back

from Bayahibe a few days ago and thought it was really quaint, but I don't know if I could stay there for 15 days, might get boring. It is really just a short 20-minute drive from La Romana, which is where I did all my shopping and I also found it to have a decent night life too.

I stayed at the Hotel Bayahibe and thought it was just great for the money.
(Bienvenidos al Hotel Bayahibe.... Disfrute su estancia!!!!)
hotelbayahibe@hotmail.com
809-833-0159
809-833-0045

It was a little less than $40 a night for a single, and $3 more/day gets you breakfast included. I had a room on the 3rd floor which was airy and clean. The rooms have A/C and screened windows, with two full-size beds. The restaurant is on the 3rd floor too, and has a spectacular view of the small port/marina which is about 50 yards from the hotel. No elevator, but heck, it's good for cardio. No pool there either, but not a concern for me as I was diving every day.

I used ScubaFun dive shop, good guys there, all. In fact, John (the owner) made my reservation at the hotel for me as I couldn't find their email address on the web. The dive shop is very good. They have one big boat they use for their day trips, and several small 6-pack style boats which they use for close-in 2-tank dives. If I ever get back to Bayahibe I'd go with them again.