B) Bohemia
C) Ambar
D) Quisqueya
E) Soberana
F) Benedicta

-NALs

C

Chip00

Presidente - everything else are just wannabees!

BTW, I'm not saying that just because I live here in the DR! I'm a real conniseur as I used to live in Germany and also have been drinking beer for 25 years - hiccup - 'scuuuuuse me - time fer anudder one!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Chip, pass me a Hofbrau good buddy..hefe wiezen plz !!

Last edited:

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Presidente all the way....

Hey have any of you ever heard the nick name "cotorrita" for a Presidente? "cotorrita" as in the little green parrots in the DR. I went to order one and the guy yelled TRAIME UNA COTORRITA. I had never heard of that.

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Brahma and Quilmes brands are Brazilian and Argentinian respectively, but brewed locally by Brazilian giant Ambev, locally as Ambev Dominicana.

This investment will take advantage of DR Cafta and you will most likely see these locally brewed brands in the US.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Ambar. I like carmelized malt beers. Presidente is OK super cold, but sorta yucky warm, too hoppy for my taste, and I'm a Certified Craft Brewmaster.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Brahma and Quilmes brands are Brazilian and Argentinian respectively, but brewed locally by Brazilian giant Ambev, locally as Ambev Dominicana.

This investment will take advantage of DR Cafta and you will most likely see these locally brewed brands in the US.
See, Brahma IS Brazilian, thus not going to be included in a poll dedicated to Dominican booze.

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For beer, yes. For hard cider, it's very good.
A state of mind? Maybe?

Whats in a name when it tastes the same, regardless!

Maybe I don't like cider, maybe that's it.

-NALs

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
In order of preference: Quisqueya, Bohemia, Presidente. I've not tried Soberana or Ambar yet. Presidente is refreshing when it's cold, but a beer that tastes awfull when it's not frozen is no good beer IMHO.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
As for TASTE I like Presidente... but I can't drink it anymore, I get a head ake and even cramps after just a small one... a large one will make me regrett it all night long and sometimes even the next day... and I am not the only one who get's it. Is it the sugar, or preservatives or any thing they put in it to make it faster? I don't know. Light is less a problem however.
It's sad because probably no beer brand in the world has managed to become so synonimous of a whole nation.
Other brands are less a problem.. I've had NO problem at all with Brahma which I don't dislike either but I sure do miss them iced green Presidente bottles dearly... it was so part of being here.

... J-D.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Not Dominican, but if you ever get a chance to sip 'Birra Moretti', (an Italian-made beer), you'll find it to be the best brew you'd ever tasted.- ten times better than the best DR has to offer, which to me is Presidente.