I am Dutch and have temporary residency here in the DR

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
Hello,
Question : I am Dutch from the netherlands with a valid Dutch passport and I have temporary residency (cedular) here in the DR.. My question is, when I want to travel to the USA...do I need to have a VISA and/or need to apply for one?, this cause it is confusing to me in regard, that i do not live in my own country of residency.. Thank you in advange for your answers or solutions, coralia.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Hello,
Question : I am Dutch from the netherlands with a valid Dutch passport and I have temporary residency (cedular) here in the DR.. My question is, when I want to travel to the USA...do I need to have a VISA and/or need to apply for one?, this cause it is confusing to me in regard, that i do not live in my own country of residency.. Thank you in advange for your answers or solutions, coralia.

Check here: Visa and Passport information

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Don't be confused. You are Dutch and have a Dutch passport and that is what you would use to get into the US. Your cedula is only for living legally in the DR. ;)

Here's more info

<A id=countries name=countries>Which countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)?
Currently, 27 countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program, as shown below:
Visa Waiver Program - Participating Countries.
Andorra
Iceland
Norway
Australia
Ireland
Portugal
Austria
Italy
San Marino
Belgium
Japan
Singapore
Brunei
Liechtenstein
Slovenia
Denmark
Luxembourg
Spain
Finland
Monaco
Sweden
France
the Netherlands
Switzerland
Germany
New Zealand
United Kingdom

How Does a Country Qualify for Visa Waiver?
Select Visa Waiver Program - How a Country Qualifies to learn more.
<A id=travelertype name=travelertype>Which travelers may use the Visa Waiver Program to enter the United States?
Nationals of the 27 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program may use VWP if:
  • The purpose of their stay in the United States is 90 days or less for tourism or business (if in doubt, travelers should check with the nearest Embassy or Consulate to verify that what they plan to do is considered tourism or business. Transit through the United States is generally permitted. Note that foreign media representatives planning to engage in that vocation in the United States are not eligible, as the purpose of their stay does not qualify as ?business?. These professionals must obtain a nonimmigrant media (I) visa. See media visa for more information. Also see Visitor Visas ? Business and Pleasure;
Taken from Visa Waiver Program (VWP)

Suykerbuyk

Jun 11, 2008
Dutch Questions

Coralia!
I am a dutch citizin, I have got an apartment in Cabarete.. I bought this fiveyears ago but dont have a title. Now I am moving to Cabarete to live there with my girlfriend ) dutch too). How easy is it to obtain a residency? When I fly to Cabarete in two weeks what tourist card shall I get? Or shall I apply for a visa? I hope you can answer a few questions? Bedankt! Marcel

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Coralia!
I am a dutch citizin, I have got an apartment in Cabarete.. I bought this fiveyears ago but dont have a title. Now I am moving to Cabarete to live there with my girlfriend ) dutch too). How easy is it to obtain a residency? When I fly to Cabarete in two weeks what tourist card shall I get? Or shall I apply for a visa? I hope you can answer a few questions? Bedankt! Marcel

Hi and welcome to DR1
All you need to enter the DR is a tourist card which you can get at the airport once you land.

Here is the info on residency which you can apply for once you are settled DR1 - Legal