Punta Cana to El Seibo and Coffee Beans

Mark G.

Mar 29, 2007
I am coming down to the DR in a few weeks and wanted to take a day trip from the resort in Punta Cana to El Seibo. I can?t find any distances any where on the net. Is this doable for a day trip? I was going to rent a jeep, is this advisable? Also are there any coffee plantations in el siebo? I would like to visit dome while I am there. The purpose for my trip is to visit some folks who are doing some micro lending to businesses through Hope International.

I am also searching to partner with some farmers or Coops to export some good coffee bean into the USA.

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can give.

Peace. And God bless.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
El Seibo is about 1 hour 1/2 away from Punta Cana, taking a road that has about 100 speed bumps along the way. I've driven it and would personally advise against renting a jeep to drive yourself. If you don't know the area, you can get lost fast or worse yet, get hit or hit someone or something (cow, donkey, other car) along the way. As for coffee plantations, I really couldn't say. You might want to check if your hotel offers an excursion to a coffee plantation...