first class, or business class?

Sep 19, 2005
Ok my question is what is the specific difference in first class and business class. when:

SAME airline
SAME model of plane
SAME departure and arrival cities
SAME day

not the exact flight, because the area up front that they call business is the exact same area that they call first class on a different flight.

from JFK to STI on the same day they offer two flights with business class in those 16 seats up front(6 across)
and on the third flight they call those seats FIRST class...

I have traveled up there several times...dont know if it was business or first class...

so ll ask here....

on another note...the three flights leaving for STI the day i am flying have maybe 10 seats total in economy available with two of the flights only having ONE SEAT EACH!!!!! and as such the two flights with only one seat left ..they want $1027 today for the round trip.... the one with maybe 8 seats left , they want $967 for the round trip!!!!

they definately sell based on the seats available

also they only want $1297 for a round trip in BUSINESS CLASS on the plane with only one economy left....thats not much difference, and probably reflects the fact that they only sold 2 seats in business so far on that flight.

so whats the difference between first and business classes here?

bob

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is no difference between the two on that flight. The front can be called either first or business, but essentially it is the same service. If you were flying to Europe, for example, there would be a difference, as they have both first and business offered on this route.

Sep 19, 2005
you know the flights that have stops, have the first class designation, and the flights that are direct that cabin is called business....hmmm

and I wonder why a flight with a stop over in San Juan cost $2,000+ when the business class flight that is direct no stops is $1300????

that is crazy....why pay MORE for a longer flight and a lay over??

bob

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
Non-stop flights between US and the caribbean have the front cabin as a "business class cabin" but flights within the united states (domestic includes SJU) have First Class, as sky mentioned, there is no difference between both, that's why the nonstop says Business class but the one with a stop in SJU says First since it has a segment considered domestic.

Sep 19, 2005
Non-stop flights between US and the caribbean have the front cabin as a "business class cabin" but flights within the united states (domestic includes SJU) have First Class, as sky mentioned, there is no difference between both, that's why the nonstop says Business class but the one with a stop in SJU says First since it has a segment considered domestic.

thanks

bob