Cord Blood

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
Hello forum, my girlfriend is about to have a child, " I'll wait for DNA results to deterimned if I am having the same child". I have spoken to her, her family and extended family ( they are all sure of her faithfulness ) and informed them that I had the right and would proceed the same way if she were my native country. Well, the question I'd like an answer to is just incase the child is mine I would like to keep and preserve the embilical cord and blood. I think this very important in stem cell research for any problem that might arrive in the future. If the hospital do not have the knowledge to storage and preserve these items, is there a way I can send them back to the U.S.A. without problems?

slrguy

Oct 17, 2006
Sorry, I can't help - but I can say that for me, you are the "Weird post of the day" winner! Congratulations!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Let me see iff I have this right. You won't acknowledge responsibility of the child until until proven by DNA, yet you want custody of the cord and blood?

Sep 19, 2005
Let me see iff I have this right. You won't acknowledge responsibility of the child until until proven by DNA, yet you want custody of the cord and blood?

he can always sell it to the rightfull owner if he finds out it isnt him!!!

bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Actually a Chord is comprised of several musical pitches.

I am fairly sure The OP is referring to the umbilical cord in a placental mammal!

Now if one were to use an Umbilical Cord to produce music how would you spell it?

tambo'

Sep 19, 2005

I am fairly sure The OP is referring to the umbilical cord in a placental mammal!

Now if one were to use an Umbilical Cord to produce music how would you spell it?

tambo'

forget how you spell it...how the hellll would you tune it??

bob

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
just checked my nursing school books, Maternity & Pediatric Nursing by Gloria Leifer, MA, RN.......i stand corrrected it is umbilical cord and embilical chord.

C

Chip00

Hello forum, my girlfriend is about to have a child, " I'll wait for DNA results to deterimned if I am having the same child". I have spoken to her, her family and extended family ( they are all sure of her faithfulness ) and informed them that I had the right and would proceed the same way if she were my native country. Well, the question I'd like an answer to is just incase the child is mine I would like to keep and preserve the embilical cord and blood. I think this very important in stem cell research for any problem that might arrive in the future. If the hospital do not have the knowledge to storage and preserve these items, is there a way I can send them back to the U.S.A. without problems?

Perdon - pero no se entiende mucho lo que Usted escribio y por eso la gente se burla. Tendra mas exito si Usted lo escribe su pregunta in Espanol premiero.

Ciao

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Last edited:

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006

tambo'
its the bit that joins the belly button how would spell it easy IT ha ha ha

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Contrary to what some of these knuckleheads are saying, Wanna, there is a very active community in the DR already performing stem-cell research AND stem-cell treatment. Magic Johnson came here years ago for stemcell treatment, and it has apparently worked.

I know several attorneys (in another country) who refer clients here to the DR for stemcell treatment for many different conditions. I was told that the normal treatment cost is US$25,000 and has good success %'s.

Quietly ask around at one of the better clinics here in the DR, and someone there will be able to direct you to someone who will know how to arrange the proper cold storage of your baby-to-be's umbilical cord. If not here in the DR, they will properly transfer it to the company in Miami, who will then divide it and store parts in three different locations in the US for any potential future use.

Good luck.